Thread: I think my IP is banned from boxtorrents.

Each time I try to connect to a boxtorrents tracker it just tells me I can't connect. I've tried changing the listening port, but no use. I can't access the website either now.

If I have been banned is it because my upload/download ratio was bad? I always seed it for a while afterwards and it's always simulataneously uploading. Gah, I don't understand!

Or, am I being stupid and is boxtorrents.com down?

I use BitLord1.1, btw.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    The site works fine here, maybe your IP was banned.

If your using DSL, change your IP, clear your cookies, then try to visit the website.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Thanks <3
    Okay, I've cleared my cookies. Could you tell me how to change my IP address?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Turning my DSL modem off and back on always works for me. Or if your on dial-up, you could disconnect and reconnect.

A while ago I accidentally (dont ask) got banned from TorrentLeech, I wasnt able to go to the website. So I changed my IP, and cleared my cookies, everything was fine after that...

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Great! Thanks so much! It works fine now.

Hmmm, what happened to you at torrentleach sounds like the same thing. I wonder why?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster
    Just a quick question. I'm not banned or anything but if you are using a cable modem, how would you change IP? I try to unplug and replug, turn power off, but IP is still the same. Could it be the internet provider?

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    if you get 403 error then you are banned 403(forbidden) if you got dynamic ip maybe you can go in again since your ip is changed.just reconnect you router many times
    Last edited by bebek; 10-01-2005 at 12:46 PM.