Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you think

Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    Britain should have a policy where immigrants are made to take an oath of allegiance to the country,that way if they start shitting on our way of life they can automatically be sent back to where they came from as it is obvious that their way of life in their motheland is preferable to ours,thus they would be happier there.

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Can you define immigrant for me, with regard to that question?

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Helghast004's Avatar Jelly Filled Donut
    I think they already do something like that here in the states...its called the Pledge of Alligence.

But that can have an empty meaning to anyone who wants to cause harm. Plus you cant force people to stay loyal to one nation, unless you join the military.

"Our way of life." What is that? Again thats taking away some of their freedom.
    Last edited by Helghast004; 09-16-2005 at 09:48 PM.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Santa's Avatar dvhyt5er
    in every country
    its inhabitants "shit" on it its country
    whether verbally or physically
    in every country immigrants and or expatriots "shit" on the the country they are presently in, whether verbally or physically

in every country - every tuesday evening you can go to JoeBlo's bar and talk shit about the country you are in and piss on the natives

yes it sucks to come from somewhere.

now could someone somewhere please start a "say something positive about the country you are in day"
    ?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Immigrant= Someone not born in this country,not having a British parent.
    Our way of life=Freedom to be proud of our flag,freedom to have a point of view without being jumpred on as a racist,not advocating racism but where do you draw the line?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by gripper103.2
    Immigrant= Someone not born in this country,not having a British parent.
    Our way of life=Freedom to be proud of our flag,freedom to have a point of view without being jumpred on as a racist,not advocating racism but where do you draw the line?
    You misunderstand, probably my fault.

Do you mean:

Immigrants that arrive to try and become British Citizens (or wherever)

Economic Immigrants: ie those from the EU or the Commonwealth and those on work visa's

Refugees

Asylum Seekers

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Helghast004's Avatar Jelly Filled Donut
    Several things I personally require if someone decides to come here.

1. Speak or at least understand English
    2. Obey the laws and dont cause any trouble
    3. The Flag has 13 stripes, 50 stars, and contains the colors Red, White, & Blue

...ok forget that but at least speak english.

I look at all the good things every nation has to offer...people like to focus on the bad.

I'll respect your nation no matter what you think of mine.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Ok by immigrants I mean people who make a concious effort to come to our country because they believe it to be a good place to live and rear their family in.
    Refugees and asylum seekers have made a choice to come and stay here,some have no choice,this I understand.
    I respect different cultures have their own customs,but when are living somewhere you respect and live by that country's laws,not go about trying to change that country's laws and customs to suit what you were bought up to believe.
    I'm glad I was born here,I enjoy what freedoms I have.
    We have a choice about how we are governed,no I'm not always happy about the way we are governed,but then I didn't vote for the government we now have.
    There is a saying "you can please some of the people some of the time,but not all of the people all of the time"
    When I've been in other country's I've always tried to obey their laws and custom's,not set out to change them,so I expect the same from people who want to live in my country.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Immigrants that are coming here to be British Citizens should accept British Culture, however if they are British Citizens then they have the right to go to Jail here not in some foreign Jail, for crimes they commit here. They shouldnt be deported, however in my view they are commiting stronger crimes.

All the others, have no intention of being British, so i have no problem with them getting thrown back wherever they came from if the break the law... irrespective of the treatment they will receive. However this should only be the people that have bitten the hand that feeds them, not their families etc.

If they havent broke the law, then i dont see why we should throw them back.

Either way, its only the people that become British that should ever swear allegiance to Britain.
    Last edited by Rat Faced; 09-17-2005 at 11:53 AM.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Helghast004
    1. Speak or at least understand English
    If we could just get the "English speakers" to speak and understand English we would be doing well.

I love the chaps (not you) who chide others for not speaking English, when they can barely speak it themselves.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast