Thread: Windows Xp Pro Error Reports

Hi ... Hope someone can help ! I constantly get error reports and upon checking the report it says

hardware abstraction layer version 5.1.2600.0 xpclient 010817-1148 and to me the problem sems to be in explorer ? I have recently downloaded version 6 of eplorer and then managed to get the same error report as above but this time is said APP VER 6.02600.0 SHELL 32

Keep up the good work, Luckydog (Dave)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    Omaha, Ne USA
    It wouldn't hurt to reinstall(or repair) IE using the add/remove dialog box in your control panel.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Hi Guys, Many, many thanks for your prompt replies to my problem. Having looked into the problem regarding compatability I find to my disbelief that the new ADSL kit I installed some 6 months ago (from Telefonice here in Spain) is NOT compatable for Windows XP. Although the disc and istallation says it is for XP I got a report back from Microsoft saying that the ADSL kit installed has not passed the windows xp compatability test. Anyone out there and living in Spain with the same ADSL - please help ! Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

Many thanks, Luckydog (Dave)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    aTx, USA
    Perhaps checking the Mfg site. They may have updated driver/software for it. Worth a look.
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"