Thread: Windows Xp Pro Error Reports

Hi ... Hope someone can help ! I constantly get error reports and upon checking the report it says

hardware abstraction layer version 5.1.2600.0 xpclient 010817-1148 and to me the problem sems to be in explorer ? I have recently downloaded version 6 of eplorer and then managed to get the same error report as above but this time is said APP VER 6.02600.0 SHELL 32

PLEASE HELP !

Keep up the good work, Luckydog (Dave)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    It wouldn't hurt to reinstall(or repair) IE using the add/remove dialog box in your control panel.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Hi Guys, Many, many thanks for your prompt replies to my problem. Having looked into the problem regarding compatability I find to my disbelief that the new ADSL kit I installed some 6 months ago (from Telefonice here in Spain) is NOT compatable for Windows XP. Although the disc and istallation says it is for XP I got a report back from Microsoft saying that the ADSL kit installed has not passed the windows xp compatability test. Anyone out there and living in Spain with the same ADSL - please help ! Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

Many thanks, Luckydog (Dave)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Perhaps checking the Mfg site. They may have updated driver/software for it. Worth a look.
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"