Thread: Riaa

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    In another thread in this forum concerning the recent actions of the RIAA against four American college students, I promised to track the number of Kazaa downloads from Downloads.com as a rough indicator of public response to the threat of legal sanction.
    The first week figures are in.

For the week ending April 6.... 2,779,030

For the week ending April13...3,257,317

An INCREASE of 17.2%!!!

Make of it what you will.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    More publicity for kazaa

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by clocker@14 April 2003 - 19:42
    In another thread in this forum concerning the recent actions of the RIAA against four American college students, I promised to track the number of Kazaa downloads from Downloads.com as a rough indicator of public response to the threat of legal sanction.
    Interesting, but not really efficient. Lots of people download Kazaa on the web. Each time a new version is out, they don't reset the numbers, they just add them in. So lots of users have downloaded multiple copies.

Instead, try tracking the number of users logged in from one point in the day to the other, within a give range of time, like a month. See if the overall usage changes over time.
    Proud member of MDS

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    its not on the download but its on the clicks if i click on download and dont download then???