Thread: What I find annoying is

using KLTK++2.5

When you are in your "traffic" window, and you're tring to manage the files you have listed there for download. every 6 seconds or so the program jumps to the next file to search for a possible download (in searching status), and every time it does this the screen jumps to show that file. so the work you want done on a different file has to be done within this 5 seconds otherwise the screen jumps and you lose sight of the file you are working on...

Hope you know what I mean. Anyway to stop this apart from putting all files on "pause"?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I think you should be able to turn off "auto-search more"?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    i think the option in question is "auto find more sources" (ASM is for searches)

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Kazaa

yo

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    I have found that you can increase the search time before it moves on to the next one, so If I increase it to about 20 seconds that will give me enough time to do what I want to do to manage my downloads.

I couldn't find what you mentioned (auto search off), but turning it off, would have stopped it from auto searching. I wanted it to keep auto searching but to stop the screen from automatically jumping to view the next file that is being searched for.

Can I say that I find it a bit tiresome that everytime I ask a question about Kazaa, someone comes to say "don't use kazaa" or similar. This is the kazaa forum. and Kazaa is what I use. I am thinking about using BT but I like to keep things as simple as I can on my PC, which means I like to use this because I am used to it, and it works well enough.

Of course I really appreciate any help that I can get here, and I appreciate those people are only pointing me in the direction of trying a different p2p platform. But it does get tiresome when all I want is answers about Kazaa.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    What Vargas said.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    Quote Originally Posted by wiggle
    I have found that you can increase the search time before it moves on to the next one, so If I increase it to about 20 seconds that will give me enough time to do what I want to do to manage my downloads.

I couldn't find what you mentioned (auto search off), but turning it off, would have stopped it from auto searching. I wanted it to keep auto searching but to stop the screen from automatically jumping to view the next file that is being searched for.

Can I say that I find it a bit tiresome that everytime I ask a question about Kazaa, someone comes to say "don't use kazaa" or similar. This is the kazaa forum. and Kazaa is what I use. I am thinking about using BT but I like to keep things as simple as I can on my PC, which means I like to use this because I am used to it, and it works well enough.

Of course I really appreciate any help that I can get here, and I appreciate those people are only pointing me in the direction of trying a different p2p platform. But it does get tiresome when all I want is answers about Kazaa.
    just ignore it,Istarted with kazaa and it filled my needs,if it works for you keep it till your ready to move on,people make the same comments on torrents,Imoved on to ares then shareza then torrents.

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

8. File Sharing   -   #8

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    Try using K-Lite 2.7 from http://www.my-k-lite.com

The "feature" pauses when u are managing ur downloads (right clicking). Then resumes when u finish.

Also has other features like tab searches, upgraded 2.7 kazaa core, fake file analizer, better IP updater etc etc.
    blah blah blah... whatever...