Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ho hum, another huge hurricane...

Poster
    That City needs another Mayor.

He demands the feds should get there yesterday to help save the people he should have made local efforts to evacuate before the storm. The feds do get there, and take charge, and what does he do? Ignores their authority and urges 'his' people that he is supposedly so concerned about to come back into the city before it is safe for them to do so.

Wonder how he would have reacted to the feds coming in before the hurricane and 'forcing' evacuation by gunpoint?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4

Your life is threatened by the huge (oh, and boyoboyoboy, I mean flippin' HUGE!!!) hurricane-you are desperate-you and yours are surely going to perish if you do not leave-but...THERE IS A CAR, UNATTENDED! PERHAPS YOU COULD USE IT TO LEAVE THE IMPERILED AREA!?!?!??....BUT NO!!!! IT IS NOT A PROPERLY-LABELLED GOVERNMENT-PROVIDED RELIEF VEHICLE, AND IS NOT SUITABLE FOR EMERGENCY USE!

SURELY THE POLICE WOULD SOON STOP ME AND PLACE ME UNDER ARREST ME AND TAKE ME TO...SAFETY?

No. that would make too much sense, and besides, if I leave, I can't blame Bush.

[/B]
    A Republican advocating Looting, despite the fact a couple of weeks ago the Republicans were up in arms about looters and "they should all be shot"..

...now i heard it all.

Tell me J2, would you have accepted the excuse before or after the shooting?

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by Everose
    That City needs another Mayor.
    I agree.

That country also needs a new President.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Santa's Avatar dvhyt5er
    ive been reading time magazine latelly - i thought they would be more biased pro government
    when alot of what i read is infact criticizing alot of what bush has achieved...
    in this one they blame the beaurocracy of nagin, the governor, xdirector fema , and the secretary. - the next article is soley on bush "living too much in the bubble?" - subtle scynicism. and with all this the war in iraq is not getting anymore popular.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    some very unchristian attitudes being displayed here.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    [/rant]

The...FUCK....ARE....YOU....TALKING........ABOUT!!!

You talk to or get an email from one of your conservative friends and the first thing that comes to mind, spills into a new thread.

Regardless of who stayed/left the timetable on the rescue effort sucked no matter who had a vehicle. A relative of a friend of mine died 4 days after the storm hit and was not able to leave.

Yeah, I guess it would be hard to leave if you were dead.

Think for yourself next time.
    I regret your friend's relative won't have that chance.
    I regret that you didn't think to STFU before thAt dumbass post.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    [/rant]

The...FUCK....ARE....YOU....TALKING........ABOUT!!!

Regardless of who stayed/left the timetable on the rescue effort sucked no matter who had a vehicle. A relative of a friend of mine died 4 days after the storm hit and was not able to leave.

Think for yourself next time.
    My friend was not "thinking for me", Busyman.

I had merely forgone comment, as I was aware that to do so would draw the ire of people such as yourself; and, as such people are often wont to say, the truth hurts, don't it?

Just imagine:

Your life is threatened by the huge (oh, and boyoboyoboy, I mean flippin' HUGE!!!) hurricane-you are desperate-you and yours are surely going to perish if you do not leave-but...THERE IS A CAR, UNATTENDED! PERHAPS YOU COULD USE IT TO LEAVE THE IMPERILED AREA!?!?!??....BUT NO!!!! IT IS NOT A PROPERLY-LABELLED GOVERNMENT-PROVIDED RELIEF VEHICLE, AND IS NOT SUITABLE FOR EMERGENCY USE!

SURELY THE POLICE WOULD SOON STOP ME AND PLACE ME UNDER ARREST ME AND TAKE ME TO...SAFETY?

No. that would make too much sense, and besides, if I leave, I can't blame Bush.

A relative of a friend of yours, huh?

Why couldn't this person leave, B.?

Do you know that?

What other ways out of the city existed for this person?

Could he/she have ridden out on one of the "driverless" buses that Nagin couldn't manage to dispatch?

I am sorry for your friend's loss, B., but if I could trouble you to explain why this unfortunate death belongs so squarely in Bush's hands?

Or is it merely reflex?

BTW-

What do you think about Farrakhan's idiotic statement?

Why...me:

Please feel free to take any lost marbles you might find and shove them up your ass; they're probably yours, anyway.
    Here's one for the dipshit above.....

He was in the hospital.

You and Evey may harp on what you like about the evacuation and you are partially right and that's where you, j2 show your blindness and Evey tries to show she's unbiased.

One must ask...if this was a known terrorist strike, would help be five days behind or will I hear more shit about how the local authorities weren't up to snuff.

Bush is the fucking President, you dimwits, of supposedly the most powerful nation on the Earth. A more hands on approach (simply paying attention) would help.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Poster

I regret your friend's relative won't have that chance.
    I don't. I have a friend who has helped in the Astrodome in downtown Houston. 70% of them are sitting around letting women volunteers wait on them hand and foot........able bodied young men that should be able to look out and lend a hand to themselves when it comes to daily chores. But no, they make comments like they shouldn't have to do stuff for themselves, because after all, they are victims of the hurricane.

And you want me to feel generous about them? That 70% doesn't deserve it.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    I don't. I have a friend who has helped in the Astrodome in downtown Houston. 70% of them are sitting around letting women volunteers wait on them hand and foot........able bodied young men that should be able to look out and lend a hand to themselves when it comes to daily chores. But no, they make comments like they shouldn't have to do stuff for themselves, because after all, they are victims of the hurricane.

Generousity? Who the fuck are you?

It seems these "facts" that you state precluded a rescue effort for 5 days. That Bush must be a precog.....

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god

Grandstanding from the feminist there....you make a poor conservative lady if you don't think it's a woman's duty to bring the men their slippers and meal

But you raise a valid point rose. Being a victim at one point in time doesn't mean easy street from then on.

These people may not have the means to supply themselves with basic essentials like food, water and shelter but they can supply manpower. I do believe that any civilised society should help the needy....I don't believe that this gives the needy the right to be parasites. In other words help them to help themself.

I would add that I can understand an unwillingness for a husband and father to let his family out of sight for even a short time given some of the unlawful things that happened in N.O., however it is my understanding that there is effective security supplied now.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast