Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CD Burning problem

asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    I reformatted, got some cd's I have used before. There 4x and I burnt a game, well 2 games tho, for my ps2, and it doesn't work. I knotice that its burning at 2x, is there any reason why, these cd's worked before.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    You give us very little to go on but I assume you are talking about a CDRW (rewriteable)?

Please give us some details. Model of burner, CD media (brand, speed and type) and what software you are using to "format" or erase the disc etc...

What software are you burning with?
    Last edited by Virtualbody1234; 09-25-2005 at 11:54 PM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Sorry

Im burning ps2 games on a dvd-r. The discs are Hypermedia 4.7GB, 4x Speed.I tried with DVDecrypter and Alcohol 120%. My Dvd burner is a BUSlink DVRW812D.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    DVD is quite different from CD.

I have never heard about Hypermedia.

If you use Nero InfoTool and check the Media ID then you can look it up here: http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

If your burner only lets you burn at 2x then the firmware probably doesn't have that Media ID listed so it drops to the slowest speed. A firmware update could add that media type to the Media ID list in your drive. The problem is I cannot seem to find any firmware for your drive.

I have also never heard about BUSlink DVRW812D but a quick research told me that it's probably a rebadged Liteon: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread....light=DVRW812D

The easiest solution would be to try known good quality brand name media. That way your burner, at least, has a chance to have it listed. Refer to Media ID in the top link.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    lynx's Avatar .
    Isn't there some sort of copy protection built into most ps2 disks?

Isn't that what prevents you from simply copying the disk?
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Well as a liteon owner one quick hint on the older models forget the dvd-r,it may burn but you will get many errors stick to high quality dvd+ media..It looks like the drive maybe a liteon 811s,use nero info tool to check which firmware you have installed...head on over to the liteon forum at cdfreaks and you will find all your answers about this drive...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    FIXED IT

It was a liton 851S, and the wrong frimware was on it. Guess it had to do with the fact that i installed a bitish scene edition of xp.

Thanks for the help
    Last edited by asmithz; 09-28-2005 at 10:39 PM.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by asmithz
    FIXED IT

It was a liton 851S, and the wrong frimware was on it. Guess it had to do with the fact that i installed a bitish scene edition of xp.

Thanks for the help
    bitish scene edition? What's that?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    just curios what firmware did you flash it with....

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234
    Quote Originally Posted by asmithz
    FIXED IT

Thanks for the help
    bitish scene edition? What's that?

He means British i think. A group releases a version of Windows every once in a while called the Scene Edition, it auto installs programs that people who use FTP's, and FXP a lot will need such as FlashFXP. You don't really see it arround on Bittorrent because no one really needs it unless your FTP 1337. It's simply Win XP Corp w/ SP2 & A Few Extra Programs that auto-install. The person who made it must have been British and auto set the time to UK time and stuff.

Although that shouldn't have any effect on the Firmware as it's stored on the DVD drive itself so a format wouldn't even touch that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast