Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ho hum, another huge hurricane...

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I hear that Bush wasn't able to avoid notifying the black population of the impending tumult, owing to inordinately well-prepared personnel and comprehensive policies at the state- and local-levels, as well as the increased alertness and overall paranoia caused by Katrina.

Minister Farrakhan's fair-warning about the nefarious white-instigated plan to blow holes in the Galveston sea-wall has also taken that tactic from Bush's arsenal, much to the President's chagrin.

Bush's plan to hoard Texas coastal real-estate is thus defeated.

BTW-A very good and intelligent friend of mine pointed out that the footage of hurricane-damage in New Orleans also revealed absolutely stunning numbers of road-ready vehicles (take your pick!) strewn about the city; pity all the people who stayed behind couldn't see them, too, and use them to leave the city...of course, if the media has described you as "unable to leave", I guess you have to stay put, huh?
    Last edited by j2k4; 09-22-2005 at 01:00 AM.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    i stay in houston im finsta leave right now

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroTolerance
    i stay in houston im finsta leave right now
    Leave yourself enough time, please?

It's going to be nasty.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    I hear that Bush wasn't able to avoid notifying the black population of the impending tumult, owing to inordinately well-prepared personnel and comprehensive policies at the state- and local-levels, as well as the increased alertness and overall paranoia caused by Katrina.

Minister Farrakhan's fair-warning about the nefarious white-instigated plan to blow holes in the Galveston sea-wall has also taken that tactic from Bush's arsenal, much to the President's chagrin.

BTW-A very good and intelligent friend of mine pointed out that the footage of hurricane-damage in New Orleans also revealed absolutely stunning numbers of road-ready vehicles (take your pick!) strewn about the city; pity all the people who stayed behind couldn't see them, too, and use them to leave the city...of course, if the media has described you as "unable to leave", I guess you have to stay put, huh?
    [/rant]

The...FUCK....ARE....YOU....TALKING........ABOUT!!!

You talk to or get an email from one of your conservative friends and the first thing that comes to mind, spills into a new thread.

Regardless of who stayed/left the timetable on the rescue effort sucked no matter who had a vehicle. A relative of a friend of mine died 4 days after the storm hit and was not able to leave.

Think for yourself next time.
    Last edited by Busyman; 09-22-2005 at 01:40 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    whypikonme's Avatar Unemployable
    What a disgusting fucking post!

Have you lost your fucking marbles at last?
    Sig Removed...too clever

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman

[/rant]

You talk to or get an email from one of your conservative friends and the first thing that comes to mind, spills into a new thread.

Regardless of who stayed/left the timetable on the rescue effort sucked no matter who had a vehicle. A relative of a friend of mine died 4 days after the storm hit and was not able to leave.

Yeah, I guess it would be hard to leave if you were dead.

I regret your friend's relative won't have that chance.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Yikes the hurricane season is not over till November ? The poor bastards .

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)

I'm with you J2.

I live in Austin, Texas (about 2.5 hrs away during NON evacuation drive-time) and my mom and grandparents are coming from Houston in the morning to come stay with me, while my dad is going to hold down the house. I was going to go to Houston in the morning to listen to The Dalai Lama speak at Rice Univ. and then weather the storm with my dad, but the speech has been canceled. *mumbles....stupid Rita*

yo

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman

[/rant]

My friend was not "thinking for me", Busyman.

I had merely forgone comment, as I was aware that to do so would draw the ire of people such as yourself; and, as such people are often wont to say, the truth hurts, don't it?

Just imagine:

Your life is threatened by the huge (oh, and boyoboyoboy, I mean flippin' HUGE!!!) hurricane-you are desperate-you and yours are surely going to perish if you do not leave-but...THERE IS A CAR, UNATTENDED! PERHAPS YOU COULD USE IT TO LEAVE THE IMPERILED AREA!?!?!??....BUT NO!!!! IT IS NOT A PROPERLY-LABELLED GOVERNMENT-PROVIDED RELIEF VEHICLE, AND IS NOT SUITABLE FOR EMERGENCY USE!

SURELY THE POLICE WOULD SOON STOP ME AND PLACE ME UNDER ARREST ME AND TAKE ME TO...SAFETY?

No. that would make too much sense, and besides, if I leave, I can't blame Bush.

A relative of a friend of yours, huh?

Why couldn't this person leave, B.?

Do you know that?

What other ways out of the city existed for this person?

Could he/she have ridden out on one of the "driverless" buses that Nagin couldn't manage to dispatch?

I am sorry for your friend's loss, B., but if I could trouble you to explain why this unfortunate death belongs so squarely in Bush's hands?

Or is it merely reflex?

BTW-

What do you think about Farrakhan's idiotic statement?

Why...me:

Please feel free to take any lost marbles you might find and shove them up your ass; they're probably yours, anyway.
    Last edited by j2k4; 09-22-2005 at 03:41 AM.

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo
    I'm with you J2.
    That's fine, but not without substantial risk.

It's kinda like being in a...hurricane.

Please sign the appropriate waivers and pay the filing fees.

-Mark Twain

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast