Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digitally Protected Cds

SideSwiped's Avatar LB 3880
    I guess in May or June sometime all our new music cds will be protected from ripping into mp3s. Apparently, this new form of encoding won't damage your players not like early attempts had the potential to do. But hey, this isn't really a problem. Just copy as a wav in analog mode then convert.

My mind works like lightning. One brilliant flash, and it's gone.

2. Music   -   #2
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    bring it.

they have yet to find any form of encryption that cannot be circumvented.

and when they do make such cds... they have to be labled as special. as they arent true cds... because true cds have to allow the ability to back up your media, and play on every single type of player/drive.

3. Music   -   #3
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    Yeah didn't philips ( I think) who own the red book standard to cds, ask for any copy protected cd's to remove any label on the cover that claims that their product is a cd.

but the record companies ignored them

Still if I could not copy my music to mp3 I would return the cd immediatly. Then go to soulseek for it. B)

If they want my business they have to supply me with a product I want.

4. Music   -   #4
    SideSwiped's Avatar LB 3880
    Speaking of Philips, I do believe I have a philips burner in my entertainment center, analog connection of course. lol I don't see any of this as an issue, your regular cd player can play the disks, the protection takes the form of low level interference or noise which your standard cd rom or cd player would not pick up.

My mind works like lightning. One brilliant flash, and it's gone.

5. Music   -   #5
    hehehehhehhee those stupid heads they cant mess with the underground if they send a new type of cd we're just going to find a way to rip the cd its that simple.

6. Music   -   #6
    Poster
    they can try but they cant succeed hey where did u read this story anyway?

7. Music   -   #7
    they find a way to protect their CD's, we find a way to override their work. Simply as that, always been done and always will be done.

8. Music   -   #8
    zacspeed's Avatar Pheasant plucker
    I read an article last year that Sony had spent millions developing new anti-piracy methods with their CD's. The Celine Dion CD was the first to use it & some bright spark discovered that if you use a marker pen around the outside edge of the disc, you bypass all the security features!!!
    Now I realise this is probably very old news to most of you guys, but it makes me giggle
    The real question is, why would anybody want to copy Sealion Dion??????????????? (just kidding).

9. Music   -   #9
    hugoharding's Avatar its changed since 02
    Anyway, instead of ripping, you can just record from a cd player onto your computer, so there will never be a problem.

10. Music   -   #10
    Originally posted by EnJoi@8 April 2003 - 00:40
    they can try but they cant succeed hey where did u read this story anyway?
    damm like you said we will win.....

..... eventualy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast