Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: Annular Eclipse, Tomorrow

  1. #1
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vault 111
    Age
    31
    Posts
    30,942
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4299074.stm

    Moon moves to make dazzling ring

    Sunlight catches mountainous peaks on the lunar limb to give the ring a beaded appearance
    A dark shadow is about to be thrown over much of Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East in an annular eclipse.
    Monday will see the Moon sweep across the face of the Sun for a dazzling display of celestial mechanics.

    An annular eclipse is less spectacular than a total solar eclipse because the sky never goes completely black; but it should, nonetheless, be quite a show.

    In the right places, skywatchers should see a blazing ring of fire surround the Moon's disc.

    Once again, though, astronomers are urging those without the proper viewing equipment not to look directly at the Sun with the naked eye; blindness could result.

    In and out

    In the UK, only a partial eclipse will be visible; the Moon will be seen to take a large chunk out of the Sun.

    Depending on where one is standing, between 44% (Aberdeen) and 64% (Plymouth) of the Sun will be covered, according to the Society for Popular Astronomy.

    In London, this partial eclipse starts at 08:48BST and ends at 11:18BST.
    im gonna look right at it and get special powers ftw

  2. Lounge   -   #2
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Next To Automated Alice
    Posts
    11,489
    After,can I borrow your x-ray vision?

    Peace bd

  3. Lounge   -   #3
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    CO
    Age
    40
    Posts
    29,624
    I want pics, we never get any cool lunar/solar stuff



    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    The FST Last.fm group

  4. Lounge   -   #4
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    I wear an Even Steven wit
    Posts
    44,031
    Quote Originally Posted by They
    don't look directly at the Sun with the naked eye; blindness could result.
    Yeah, alrite. They said something similar about wanking.

    Damn they, damn they to hell.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

    --Good for them if they survive.

  5. Lounge   -   #5
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Next To Automated Alice
    Posts
    11,489
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Quote Originally Posted by They
    don't look directly at the Sun with the naked eye; blindness could result.
    Yeah, alrite. They said something similar about wanking.

    Damn they, damn they to hell.
    It's true...trust me!

    Peace bd

  6. Lounge   -   #6
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vault 111
    Age
    31
    Posts
    30,942
    Quote Originally Posted by brotherdoobie
    After,can I borrow your x-ray vision?

    Peace bd
    indeed you can

  7. Lounge   -   #7
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    I wear an Even Steven wit
    Posts
    44,031
    I'd rather be a blind wanker than a blind astronomer.

    I think
    Last edited by manker; 10-02-2005 at 05:09 PM.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

    --Good for them if they survive.

  8. Lounge   -   #8
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vault 111
    Age
    31
    Posts
    30,942
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    I'd rather be a blind wanker than a blind astronomer.

    I think
    aren't they both the same thing?

  9. Lounge   -   #9
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    I wear an Even Steven wit
    Posts
    44,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mulder
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    I'd rather be a blind wanker than a blind astronomer.

    I think
    aren't they both the same thing?
    Duno, Uranus is fairly hawt but I don't think it's quite wanking material
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

    --Good for them if they survive.

  10. Lounge   -   #10
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Mansfield, Nottinghamshir
    Age
    53
    Posts
    11,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mulder
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4299074.stm

    Moon moves to make dazzling ring

    Sunlight catches mountainous peaks on the lunar limb to give the ring a beaded appearance
    A dark shadow is about to be thrown over much of Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East in an annular eclipse.
    Monday will see the Moon sweep across the face of the Sun for a dazzling display of celestial mechanics.

    An annular eclipse is less spectacular than a total solar eclipse because the sky never goes completely black; but it should, nonetheless, be quite a show.

    In the right places, skywatchers should see a blazing ring of fire surround the Moon's disc.

    Once again, though, astronomers are urging those without the proper viewing equipment not to look directly at the Sun with the naked eye; blindness could result.

    In and out

    In the UK, only a partial eclipse will be visible; the Moon will be seen to take a large chunk out of the Sun.

    Depending on where one is standing, between 44% (Aberdeen) and 64% (Plymouth) of the Sun will be covered, according to the Society for Popular Astronomy.

    In London, this partial eclipse starts at 08:48BST and ends at 11:18BST.
    im gonna look right at it and get special powers ftw
    You will aquire a funky litle dog,cool shades and a special collapsable white staff

    All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •