Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Me Guess The Jellybeans!

Infested Cats's Avatar Mike Victory
    So, I'm sure most (if not all) of you are familiar with those "Guess how many jellybeans there are" contests. Well, I figured I could get some of you to share your educated guesses with me. With this post, I have included pictures of the FACE, SIDE, and BOTTOM of the container. Also, I got the kid holding the container in the picture to drop me a "hint." He says, "The container is filled with EIGHT large $0.99 bags of jellybeans. Assuming that someone out there has bought one of these bags before, we can figure out how many jellybeans are in one bag, and from there, figure out how many are in the container. And of course, the prize is all the jellybeans.

I need a decent guess by as late as THURSDAY (4/17/03)!!

If you're thinking of some fancy method that involves measuring the weight: I'm not allowed to empty the container!! Perhaps there is an alternative method...? Tomorrow (the 16th), I plan on getting some measurments on the container. They have an identicle container to the one holding the jellybeans that they use to collect the guesses in, so I could measure that one.

Thanks to anyone who helps!!

I refer anyone to this great site: How many 76 antenna balls did we fit in a Chevy Trailblazer?

AND PLEASE: If you're going to reply to this post, please keep it constructive! There isn't much time until my guess has to be in, and I need all the time to work this out I can get!

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Got_brains?'s Avatar Poster
    alot! (500 ?)

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Got_brains?'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Infested Cats@15 April 2003 - 16:16
    So, I'm sure most (if not all) of you are familiar with those "Guess how many jellybeans there are" contests. Well, I figured I could get some of you to share your educated guesses with me. With this post, I have included pictures of the FACE, SIDE, and BOTTOM of the container. Also, I got the kid holding the container in the picture to drop me a "hint." He says, "The container is filled with EIGHT large $0.99 bags of jellybeans. Assuming that someone out there has bought one of these bags before, we can figure out how many jellybeans are in one bag, and from there, figure out how many are in the container. And of course, the prize is all the jellybeans.

I need a decent guess by as late as THURSDAY (4/17/03)!!

If you're thinking of some fancy method that involves measuring the weight: I'm not allowed to empty the container!! Perhaps there is an alternative method...? Tomorrow (the 16th), I plan on getting some measurments on the container. They have an identicle container to the one holding the jellybeans that they use to collect the guesses in, so I could measure that one.

Thanks to anyone who helps!!

I refer anyone to this great site: How many 76 antenna balls did we fit in a Chevy Trailblazer?

You could weigh the container then the one with the beans. subtract the container from the total,.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Originally posted by Got_memory?@15 April 2003 - 20:58
    You could weigh the container then the one with the beans. subtract the container from the total,.
    Well, that would give me the weight of the Jellybeans... From there, I’d need to figure out how many jellybeans there actually are.

I need to figure out the volume of the container, and the dimensions of one jellybean.... Then just seeing how many jellybeans would fit inside of the containers volume.

But, is there a more conventional way to finding out how many jellybeans there are? Besides counting or just flat our guessing?
    I say "no" to guessing because I want to guarantee that I’ll win this thing!

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Originally posted by Darth Sushi@15 April 2003 - 21:24
    Any reasons you came to that conclusion?

7. Lounge   -   #7
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    800....at approx 100 per bag x 8 bags....simple but ya never know!!!

8. Lounge   -   #8
    neevakee's Avatar the bad spelller BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    are the jelly beans jelly belly brand or are they a diffrent brand. They would be marked on the bean. If so I can say theat jelly bellys go for about $6 a pound. If not I cant help you

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Originally posted by Infested Cats+16 April 2003 - 03:27--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Infested Cats @ 16 April 2003 - 03:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Darth Sushi@15 April 2003 - 21:24
    Any reasons you came to that conclusion? [/b][/quote]
    You take the relative humidity, divided by Pi and multiply the radius of the Flux capacitor by the matter, anti-matter containment field. Square it and take the reciprocal, which equals 1300&#33;

10. Lounge   -   #10
    you should listen to Darth Sushi, cause if you look at the front pic there is about 160 beans, look on the side and there is about 8 coloums, so 160 x 8 is 1280, which I&#39;m sure Darth Sushi is dead on cause usually in those types of contests they put in a nice round number.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast