Thread: Newb help on Emule Morph

So I installed Emule Morph and aside from the picture when you start, I don't know what the difference is.

Any help here?

P.S. I don't know whether it is also the reason for me getting a lowID.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    well maybe you have "random port" set in preferances, and are forwarding the wrong port from your router/firewall?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    eMule isnt ur problem with ur low ID..

As for whats different, all the extra settings at the bottom of the settings window... One great feature that actually led me to use emule Morph was the support of community tags.
    blah blah blah... whatever...

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Also connects to Kad too

As for LowID, check your firewall / router / NAT / ports etc... to see if they're forwarded for your client.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Nah, I've just realized why I had a lowID. It's surprising how many fake servers lying around these days.

Any tips on how to take advantage of the Morph options? What are community tags?

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    U just add a special tag to the beginning of your user name and people who have community tag enabled programs get special rights (less waits etc etc)..

The tag is some phrase inbetween two brakets.. So for FileSharingTalk it would be [FST]. For ShareTheFiles it would be [ShareTheFiles.com]. U just search for sites and add them to ur username... So in the end you could end up with a username like:

[FST][ShareTheFiles.com][ILoveLinux]usernamehere

Now when other emule users see you and they have the same tag u get special rights..

Oh, and one last step. In the settings options, theres another area to add all your tags. I dont remember where (Its in the emuleMorph settings area as origonal emule doesnt have this feature), but remember to add ur tags there to that way when people download from you, you can give them special rights (if your tag matches theirs.)
    Last edited by erRor67; 10-05-2005 at 06:51 AM.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Any tips on all the tags I can get? Oh and is having alot of tags a good thing? How good are the special rights?

What are all these different credit system in Eastshare? How do they work?

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    ^^ How to ask 5 questions in 40 words or less. I nominate this post.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    err... did I do something wrong? O_o

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    different sites related to filesharing might have their own tags.. Thus, u get communities. Just search around sites and see if u can join them. As for the details about what u get out of it, i dont remember them. There used to be a thread on this awhile back but I cant find it currently.