Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Thank You Hack

MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY
    Quote Originally Posted by james_bond_rulez
    also may i suggest that the forum automatically delete nzbs that is older than 20 or 30 days old, cuz some news servers actually have retention period that is shorter than 20 days and it's useless to users if there are thank-you posts that keep it coming back up on top...
    As Ive mentioned rossco is working on something that will allow you to sort the section by "Thread Start Time" instead of "Last Post" which will accomplish what you want. Also rossco will be adding something to remove items older tthan 50 days...
    I like that around 50 days becuase Giganews as I use has up to 57 days retention on multipart binaries. Not syaing that is 100% but I have downloaded files that are 30 and 40 days old and they where as complete as they should.

When it comes to the thank you thingie, I like it, because I'm downloading alot (not just getting NBZ's from here though) and I'm very happy that people are making stuff more accessible. It is not always so easy to remember the work people do to get this done when I'm downloading everything, so it will be kinda reminder for me to show my appreciation for their work.

Keep up the good work guys

2. Newsgroups   -   #52
    Ya, I'm full of it.

Cool

It seems to me that the requirement to post a "thanks" or whatever to download a NZB is kind of weird. This way others know what members of the forum are downloading. I would rather remain anonymous when I do something considered illegal. I will refrain from using the NZB section from now on.

3. Newsgroups   -   #53
    Filliz's Avatar ______________
    If you're afraid that this might once be hold against you as evidence in court...it won't hold.
    Saying thank you in a post is no solid proof that you downloaded it.

And instead of saying thanks you can always say something about the movie.
    If you liked it or if you think it stinks.
    This way threads won't get repetitive either.

I see no problem in this but then again, i haven't been on usenet for months now.

hmm...asspie

4. Newsgroups   -   #54
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Agreed.

On top of what Filliz stated, even if it were a record of what were downloading, it only shows that you downloaded an NZB, nothing is shown here beyond that.

NZB files just contain xml data. It's sort of a file that points to files, that point to files on a server. Sort of third person wise.

5. Newsgroups   -   #55
    movbuff
    If your that worried then you shouldn't do the same at any sites since they can just log whoever grabs anything. Posting in a thread proves no more than grabbing without the post. Its little more than a notepad file anyway. I think your a bit over consirned but thats your call.

6. Newsgroups   -   #56
    jiff68
    im new here i dont post for the thanks. just want to share what i find its not the getting stuff for free that i like its just the getting stuff cuz i can

7. Newsgroups   -   #57
    Poster
    I appreciate the efforts of the whole site and those that post Nzbs not having the resources here so happy to thank those that can

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456