Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Thank You Hack

Seems there are posts with alot of views but few comments or thanks which may be discouaraging to those that post. It would be nice if there were a bit more gratitude posted as it would appear more friendly ir seems. Its been discussed lightly that perhaps we could add the Thank You hack where you have to post berore you grab. I think seeing some gratitude may encouage those that post as even a little gratitude goes a long way. On the flip it may be a little silly to some but I think its worth a trial period at the very least. Just wondering what others thoughts are on this...

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    I think this would be a great idea

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Thanks are always appreciated and only takes a little bit of time. If I use it, then I leave thanks and I feel everyone should. It is almost the difference between a contributor and a leecher.

Only other suggestion I would have would be that once you leave thanks that it wouldn't send the NZB to the top of the list like on regular threads. This would aid on determining the age of the nzb and for those who don't have a long retention would help them out.
    Last edited by cldnails; 10-05-2005 at 02:58 PM.
    ...>Intentionally Left Blank<...

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    ANother idea that I thoguht of which doesn't actually help with the thanks posts but could help get the amount of nzbs posted is to have a system where you need to post 1 thread in the nzb section for every 15 or so nzbs that you get.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    I generally post a wee thank you when I use an nzb. It's only manners.

However I have no objection to a system which requires it. It's a decent idea and offends no-one.

I have seen a wee "thank you" button on torrent sites. One click and it adds your name to a list of appreciative members.

It's all good, anything to help this section of the forum is a great idea.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco
    ANother idea that I thoguht of which doesn't actually help with the thanks posts but could help get the amount of nzbs posted is to have a system where you need to post 1 thread in the nzb section for every 15 or so nzbs that you get.
    I'm not so keen on that one. There are plenty of chaps who want others to use their nzbs and just want a wee bit of recognition for it. Why force me to learn how to do it, then hunt them down (when others do it faster and better).

I say let those who want to do it do it. Let the rest of us appreciate their efforts. It's symbiotic.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    I have seen a wee "thank you" button on torrent sites. One click and it adds your name to a list of appreciative members.

It's all good, anything to help this section of the forum is a great idea.
    Sounds like a very nice idea. I'll take it.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Make "rep" visable.

yo

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    muchspl3's Avatar muchspl3 > muchspl2
    can't hurt
    `anyone from Argentina on this board?

I need your help and if you can help me pM me

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    It sorta seems contrived, to have a thank you hack. Personally, I rather have
    someone thank me of their own accord.

Peace bd

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast