Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Www.verifieddownloads.com

stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    i heard the day after i posted all my ebooks on this site and another forum, verified downloads had just put up 2000 sig2dats for ebooks, now this sounds a bit sus to me, was just wondering if there is anyway of stopping this flagrant stealing, its not as if the ppl they are stealing from are even giving any credit for posting them in the first place on the site.

Just wondering what other ppls views are on this, and i posted in this forum because i think it has to do with this forum, if someone is stealing sig2dats of it. i know its nothing serious but just a cheek when its your stuff they are stealing especially as it took me ages to post them.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    I'd certainly complain, and complain often, and tell other people to complain, especially if they took my sig2dats without crediting it at all.

However, this is also the internet, where plagiarism runs rampant. Unfortunately.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    Poster
    E-Mail the webmaster of the wesbite and inform them of what they're doing and shit

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Originally posted by SolidWing68@16 April 2003 - 07:34
    E-Mail the webmaster of the wesbite and inform them of what they're doing and shit
    atleast he will know that they r getting to take actions

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    HAHAHA. Would you rather visit 10 web sites and search each one or just go to one and search only once? No one OWNS verifieds. Always remember that! It's all about sharing.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    yeah its all about sharing, but when i spend hours downloading something and then to be the first on the whole network to post them, i dont expect them to be on another site a day later unless i put them on there, also it took me almost 3 hours to post those ebooks on this forum and 2 hours on another forum, and im begining to think why the fuck should i bother, i know where to get them why cant other ppl, but they are to wound up in the fastrck phenomonen they cant see the wood for the trees.

I think this is the last straw for me, i cant see there being many verifieds of me in the future, if any. Not just because of this but because the fastrack network is crap and it eats importnt upload bandwidth that i need, and also if the point of P2P was sharing, how come i know quite a few ppl, even some on this forum that do not share on the fasttrack network at all.

Kazaa is the perfect tools for leechers out there, as you can get fast speeds as soon as you start without sharing anything at all, and this new patch just makes it a whole lot worse to detect as well. the whole point of P2P is sharing and im sorry but kazaa and the fasttrack network is going in the opposite direction, where you dont have to share anything to get the same speeds as someone who is sharing quality, i think this will be the downfall of the fastrack network and the RIAA will not have to lift a finger to see it doomed.

So you say all verifieds are for everyone, ok on this site they are if i post them here, but i dont want to see my posts on every site that does kazaa sig2dats, if i wanted to share them on there i would post on there.

so yorez, fuck of and only use one site then if you think its to much like hard work visiting 2 or 3, and what the fuck you doing on this one in the first place if you love verifieddownloads so fucking much.

Stoi (Retiring from the fastrack network and this forum)

what the hell just noticed that F*UC*K is replaced by a stupid godamn smilie, what the FU*CK happened to free speech. ffs thats it next you will be telling me i cant fucking smoke while visiting this forum, bye bye ppl, been nice knowing you, but time to move on to bigger and better things.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Poster
    Dear Stoi,

After reading your thread in its entirety i can understand why you are pissed off about them pinching your sigs.It is well out of order and cheeky to take what has obviously taken you alot of time to put together,without even giving you a mention.

I agree with you whole heartedly about kazaa being the ultimate leeching p2p program out there hence alot of us moving to more underground methods of one to one sharing with no poncey leeches.

Me personally i havn't had k-lite on in ages and dont intend to use it in the very near future as find it so much more satisfying to share with people i know and respect.

Just for the record Admins or mods whoever is reasponsible for the idea of swearing controls...do you think that by trying to silence what we say it is an infringment of our right to freedom of speech and if people want to swear it aint that hard to find ways round this.If anything this has come to late would have been better put to use when killa_sin was around as that was swearing in the extreme and funny how no one said shit then.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    @stoi & Nemo - couldn't agree more with what you said. It's a total pisser spending all that time setting up some verifieds and then some llamatron comes along and does a "cut+paste" job on them. If it's true, and seems like a mighty big coincidence if it's not.

About the leaving the forum, bit extreme mate, still a good place to hang out, although I think issues regarding the moderating of the forum need to be addressed...ie the smiley's for swearwords, just doesn't make any sense, if people are gonna swear, they're gonna do it, it's just that simple, no matter what wee faces you put in their place the will just be by-passed...so F*UC*K that sh1t!

BTW when was this draconian decision taken? No consultation? I know Paul has an almost allergic reaction to Polls, but here's an ideal situation for one... Democracy in action!

Yeah Kazaa 'died' along time ago, and I am being honest here, I just don't use it anymore.
    Sure I post the odd sig2dat, but then you get the endless "Hey I can't find any sources for this", and even if you are sharing that file, and that file only, still the chances of someone getting it are...slim, to say the least (even with the node-hopper tool)...new releases and such, just dont fillter through the Fastrack Network quick enough.

Anyway, I'm not getting into big "I hate kazaa" thing, because everyones got to reach that point for themselves, I'm certainly not running around banging my Fastrack Sucks! drum....pointless!

Stoi - I hope you reconsider your decision to leave!

Remeber

**** To Download is human ****
    ****** To Share is Divine ******

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by yorez@16 April 2003 - 20:28
    HAHAHA. Would you rather visit 10 web sites and search each one or just go to one and search only once? No one OWNS verifieds. Always remember that! It's all about sharing.
    There speaks a plagiarist.

Edit

FuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuck
    FuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuck
    FuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuck

Just wondered

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    Poster
    Sorry, meant to say

You do know that yorez is one of the principals at that site don't you. People have been here complaining about this very thing before.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast