Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Ever had an epiphany?

  1. #1
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Oh, please...
    Posts
    15,254
    A seriously life-changing realization?

    An entirely typical one, and one of my first, was internalizing (not merely knowing, or being aware of the truth of the fact) that confidence is entirely self-generated.

    You don't get it from others.

    My next one was concluding that it doesn't mean you don't have to care what others think.
    “Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that.” -George Carlin

  2. Lounge   -   #2
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    13,839
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    A seriously life-changing realization?

    An entirely typical one, and one of my first, was internalizing (not merely knowing, or being aware of the truth of the fact) that confidence is entirely self-generated.

    You don't get it from others.
    Others can be catalysts for it though.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

    Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

  3. Lounge   -   #3
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    11,497
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    A seriously life-changing realization?

    An entirely typical one, and one of my first, was internalizing (not merely knowing, or being aware of the truth of the fact) that confidence is entirely self-generated.

    You don't get it from others.
    Others can be catalysts for it though.
    Don't depend on it.

  4. Lounge   -   #4
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Oh, please...
    Posts
    15,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    A seriously life-changing realization?

    An entirely typical one, and one of my first, was internalizing (not merely knowing, or being aware of the truth of the fact) that confidence is entirely self-generated.

    You don't get it from others.
    Others can be catalysts for it though.
    True enough.
    “Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that.” -George Carlin

  5. Lounge   -   #5
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Oh, please...
    Posts
    15,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Others can be catalysts for it though.
    Don't depend on it.
    Another epiphany!
    “Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that.” -George Carlin

  6. Lounge   -   #6
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the suburbs. honestment
    Age
    31
    Posts
    21,102
    there is no god and we dont have souls

  7. Lounge   -   #7
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Port Dover, Ontario
    Age
    45
    Posts
    4,413
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    A seriously life-changing realization?
    Yes.

  8. Lounge   -   #8
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Location: Location:
    Posts
    5,873
    I believe too many people rely of either drugs or negative things for confidence. Positive confidence is the best of the best. A leading warrior of helping others.
    Don't act it, Know it. Gain it any day you need it.
    Last edited by Wolfmight; 10-07-2005 at 05:37 AM.

  9. Lounge   -   #9
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    13,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmight
    Positive confidence is the best of the best. A leading warrior of helping others.
    Don't act it, Know it. Gain it any day you need it.
    You can get these quotes and more.

    Order Wolfmight's Book Of Quotes and Cliches. Only $14.95 + $3.95 S&H
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

    Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

  10. Lounge   -   #10
    ziggyjuarez's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Age
    28
    Posts
    25,160
    No.I've had the thought that "there is no god and we dont have souls" even as a kid going t0 service.I dont look into things too deep.
    Last edited by ziggyjuarez; 10-07-2005 at 05:46 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •