Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Thread: check out this ANOREXIA forum.

Like I said before, small forums like FF are dying out, they can pretty much keep going without moderation a lot of the time. One of the mods is in IP and isnt allowed a computer, one doesnt have her own at the moment and im not sure about the other.

2. Lounge   -   #102
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    reminds me of the time me, ziggy, and smith went and flamed that LOTR forum good times
    Last edited by cpt_azad; 10-11-2005 at 09:46 AM.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

3. Lounge   -   #103
    Blythorama's Avatar Podiceps cristatus
    Eating disorders are a form of mental illness and not something the sufferer can help once the disorder has taken hold. Mental illness is as valid as physical illness but is very much misunderstood. I have suffered long periods of depression in the past and although many people were supportive, some people I had to tell thought it was something I could snap out of. It took a long time, medication, therapy and a lot of hard work to recover. Being told to go and have a nice cup of tea or an early night and I'd feel better was staggeringly insensitive considering the hell I was going through. Its the same for those who have eating disorders.

Its not easy to recover from an eating disorder and you cant tell an asthmatic to "just stop wheezing and breath" just as you cant tell a sufferer of an eating disorder to "just start eating/stop purging"

Busyman and those who have expressed similar thoughts, it is clear you are an unsympathetic judgemental and coldhearted person who has no sense of empathy for other peoples suffering which is weird since it is clear you have mental issues yourself.
    Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant!

4. Lounge   -   #104
    Blythorama perfectly said..

5. Lounge   -   #105
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blythorama
    Eating disorders are a form of mental illness and not something the sufferer can help once the disorder has taken hold. Mental illness is as valid as physical illness but is very much misunderstood. I have suffered long periods of depression in the past and although many people were supportive, some people I had to tell thought it was something I could snap out of. It took a long time, medication, therapy and a lot of hard work to recover. Being told to go and have a nice cup of tea or an early night and I'd feel better was staggeringly insensitive considering the hell I was going through. Its the same for those who have eating disorders.

Its not easy to recover from an eating disorder and you cant tell an asthmatic to "just stop wheezing and breath" just as you cant tell a sufferer of an eating disorder to "just start eating/stop purging"

Busyman and those who have expressed similar thoughts, it is clear you are an unsympathetic judgemental and coldhearted person who has no sense of empathy for other peoples suffering which is weird since it is clear you have mental issues yourself.
    I tell what's weird, you comparing an asthmatic to an anorexic.

I'm going through my own little shit now and have gone through worse (completely different category then now) when I thought I was going to have a kid and my ex was in a car accident and we broke up (I was going to marry her). I did however, snap out of it. I cryed alone without attention seeking until I cryed myself out. I even bitch up playing basketball...and that's bad when you have to leave the court so fellas don't see you losin' it.

It changed me...for the better. I probably am a little colder.

The thing is anorexics locked specifically on not eating which is directly related to being vain and oversensitive.
    Last edited by Busyman; 10-11-2005 at 10:09 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Lounge   -   #106
    Blythorama's Avatar Podiceps cristatus
    I wasn't directly comparing asthma to anorexia you moron, I was saying people with mental illnesses should be treated with as much compassion and sympathy as those with physical illnesses, as mental illness is just as debilitating and often very much, as you have proven, misunderstood.

Sufferers of eating disorders are not the same as vain attention-seeking people. Vain people know they are attractive and play on it, being overly concerned with maintaining their looks. Sufferers of ED generally have a poor body image and struggle with feelings of disgust and inadequacy, which are symptoms of the mental illness they are suffering from.

I am sorry you are having a hard time but you not reacting well to tragedies and traumas in your life is not the same as suffering from mental illness. Everbody suffers my friend. It doesnt mean you cant show sympathy for your fellow humans even if you do not understand what they are going through. Isnt it enough to know someone is hurting to have some compassion for them?

"Changed you for the better, probably a little colder" How is colder better if you can't show compassion and understanding.
    Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant!

7. Lounge   -   #107
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I wasn't directly comparing asthma to anorexia you moron, I was saying people with mental illnesses should be treated with as much compassion and sympathy as those with physical illnesses, as mental illness is just as debilitating and often very much, as you have proven, misunderstood.

Sufferers of eating disorders are not the same as vain attention-seeking people. Vain people know they are attractive and play on it, being overly concerned with maintaining their looks. Sufferers of ED generally have a poor body image and struggle with feelings of disgust and inadequacy, which are symptoms of the mental illness they are suffering from.

I am sorry you are having a hard time but you not reacting well to tragedies and traumas in your life is not the same as suffering from mental illness. Everbody suffers my friend. It doesnt mean you cant show sympathy for your fellow humans even if you do not understand what they are going through. Isnt it enough to know someone is hurting to have some compassion for them?

"Changed you for the better, probably a little colder" How is colder better if you can't show compassion and understanding.
    Great post.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

8. Lounge   -   #108
    Busyman, just because you are one unhappy individual, does not mean that you have to prey on people who are less secure in themselves. You're sick. seriously.

9. Lounge   -   #109
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Fuck off, Busy. If a person stops eating because of that then they are just as bulimic/anorexic as the next person.

You said bulimics were fucking stupid in direct reply to me relating something that had happened to a girl I went out with. She wasn't yakking up her food because she wanted to be thinner - it was because she felt disgusted about stuff that had happened to her when she was younger.

Sure, you're not to know that but then because you don't - you think maybe you could keep your uninformed, dumbass blanket statements to yourself.

Cheers.
    Oh jeez STFU. I'm mostly talking about anorexia. Bulimics at least have some sort of logic to their "disorder". I said gotta go 'cause I couldn't finish. The bottom line is someone may do many different things due to trauma.

It's amazing that it's still culturally based yet it's a disorder. I disagree 'cause I see the shit to a lesser degree in women that already skinny but think they slim down (these folks are healthy though). You remove the glorification of the "model look" and anorexia is eliminated.

It may be trauma that triggers it like molestation or simply someone calling a woman fat but it's still laughable for the person to latch on to looking like a skeleton and thinking "I look great".

I actually I was initially talking about anorexia (hence the topic) then you generalized anorexia and bulimia together ('cause they involved eating) and then I touched on bulimia.
    The bottom line isn't that that people may do different things in response to a bad event in their lives, the bottom line is that these people have reacted in a certain way to their trauma, mental illness has resulted and they don't deserve ridicule.

Neither are they 'fucking stupid'.

I think you've learned a great deal thro' reading this thread.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

10. Lounge   -   #110
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by manker

Great post.
    you too manker, keep up teh good wurk

Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast