Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread: Swear

kAb's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by lunatacs@28 April 2003 - 18:01
    Come on, the majority of this forum are mature enough to handle swear words. Do we REALLY need to edit them out? can we at least replace them with something like f*ck instead of the stupid thing?
    If you can't control yourself using normal words to get your words/meaning across to other people, you shouldn't be allowed to speak. simple as that, if you feel you need to swear, take a moment and step away from your pc and count to 10.
    sometimes i use swear words to get a point across.

if you can't handle it, skip the words. take a deep breath, and count to ten.

i consider swear words to be normal words... how are they different?

2. Lounge   -   #92
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Originally posted by JmiF+21 April 2003 - 12:48--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JmiF @ 21 April 2003 - 12:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Lamsey@21 April 2003 - 18:37

"Whut? Nae cunt here&#39;s fucking swearing&#33;"
    That&#39;s just outrageous. This is the worst example of profanity I have seen on this board.

How could you, there are young children reading this you know. This surely must call for a weeks ban.

For goodness sake mods, can&#39;t something be done about this. [/b][/quote]
    ROFLMAO&#33;

HOLY &#33;

btw, i hated that smiley, good idea, bad original use... i like it much better in its current form... freedom of expression is at its last hurrah, with help via the internet... we start censorship here, its all over...

3. Lounge   -   #93
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by Schmiggy_JK23@29 April 2003 - 00:51
    freedom of expression is at its last hurrah, with help via the internet... we start censorship here, its all over...
    Agreed. The internet remains one of the few true places where freedom of speech is recognized outside of US bounderies. In this community, everyone has a voice.

If I have to suffer thru broken english and spammers, then you can suffer thru the occasional F*U*C*K.

But seriously, this community can police itself. We don&#39;t need anyone to do it for us.
    Proud member of MDS

4. Lounge   -   #94
    Poster
    Originally posted by lunatacs@29 April 2003 - 03:01
    Come on, the majority of this forum are mature enough to handle swear words. Do we REALLY need to edit them out? can we at least replace them with something like f*ck instead of the stupid thing?
    If you can&#39;t control yourself using normal words to get your words/meaning across to other people, you shouldn&#39;t be allowed to speak. simple as that, if you feel you need to swear, take a moment and step away from your pc and count to 10.
    "You shouldn&#39;t be allowed to speak."

Where do you live. Don&#39;t you think that&#39;s taking censorship to it&#39;s extreme. If you don&#39;t express yourself in a way I feel appropriate then you have no voice.

5. Lounge   -   #95
    jetje's Avatar former star
    well i think the curse/swear words are used way to easy...

Sometimes if you think about what you use instead of them you get a more constructive post...

Fuck you....
    That&#39;s not true
    Code:
    i don&#39;t agree with you, 
    i think it&#39;s different
    In a way saying the same..... sounds a lot different though, think where the 1st one will put the original poster in an agressive defense, the 2nd one will start dialog...
    So start thinking about using other words in stead of the curse ones

just my opinion................

6. Lounge   -   #96
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Opinions are like (_o_)&#39;s... everybodys got one...

j/k jet je, i just really wanted to post a an ass on the forum, lol.

But u are true, some people tend to go overboard, i know i myself have let a few extras slip that werent maybe neccessary, but thank goodness i have the ability too, when need be, free speech, is not only key for expression, but integral the ability to have a free society.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910