Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Swear

CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by kAb@15 April 2003 - 22:37
    Come on, the majority of this forum are mature enough to handle swear words. Do we REALLY need to edit them out? can we at least replace them with something like f*ck instead of the stupid thing?
    Whether mature or not, the site is not about swearing on a constant basis. Minimal swearing is no issue. It's those who choose to add them to every other sentence or every post that gets annoying. Some don't mind, some do, that's the purpose of the board rules. Meant as a guideline so to speak and as most of us know it indicates no excessive use, not no use whatsoever. So if we are mature enough to want to swear, we should be mature enough to at least take the rules into consideration when doing so.

emoticons are not a bad idea for replacement.

peace,
    "CP" B)
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Poster
    just to add my tuppence. i dont really mind swearing on this board..at times it is the easy thing to say but that said to use it to much is wrong.......

and like somebody said to swear shows how little you know of your own language to express yourself......

swear if needed but dont over do it B)

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Originally posted by Curley@16 April 2003 - 08:41
    Unfortunately, that is impossible as it is too easy to lie on the internet. Hell, most people on here think i'm a 26 year old female when infact i'm a 53 year old man!

Oh, and i'd be gratefull if you would keep that to yourself!
    * Suddenly doesnt think that 'lil miss naughty is so HOT anymore.. runs and hides under computer table.*

Personally, I felt that the context in which the word was used was even more offensive than the word itself, as I feel that this was particularly disrespectful to the members of the board. Sure why not just insult the people you are requesting help from.. I guess some people aren't the brightest bulbs in the garden.

Edit: added my two cents.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Originally posted by Curley@16 April 2003 - 13:41
    Unfortunately, that is impossible as it is too easy to lie on the internet. Hell, most people on here think i'm a 26 year old female when infact i'm a 53 year old man!

Oh, and i'd be gratefull if you would keep that to yourself!
    I knew it all along!!!

And I'm sure FC did too

serious: I don't mind someone saying sh*t or f*ck once in a while, as long as it isn't a message FULL of those things.....
    But it's true, once it is allowed, there will be people who take disadvantages of it.....sad but true......aah, fuck it

peace

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Poster
    I'm being picked on

fuck!

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Poster
    Fuck that, I don't like emoticons

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Poster
    How you do that

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Poster
    Who, what, where, when, actus reus, mens rea.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Poster
    Originally posted by JmiF@16 April 2003 - 23:20
    Who, what, where, when, actus reus, mens rea.
    Indeed, but you still have not answered my question!

10. Lounge   -   #20
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    fuck fuck fuck fuck, there you go

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast