Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Question

Poster
    Okay so im not really good with colour schemes like giving a layout a colour scheme and shit but in te future i would like to be a programmer like rich internet applications and basic win32 programming so do i haev to be good with colours and stuff to be hierd by a compnay or when people are making a software there are the graphixs designers and the programmers which get together and make 1 program?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    You need to be precise and pay attention to detail. Similar to skills used when spelling.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Poster
    Okay i know my spelling is bad when i type fast , but im talking about colour and stuff

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Only 5% of being a programmer requires you to be sitting at a PC.

45% is spent finding out what your employer wants from the program, seeing what system they currently have in place and what improvements they want.

40% is sat at a table drawing, designing your programme to the smallest detail.

10% is debugging and fixing it. The best programs in the world turn out exacly like your initial designs.

I did an A level in Programming and to be honest you don't make choices. Your emplyer tells you they want it red with a button here and a logo here and you sit there with them and draw up plans do what they say, then you go home and write the program in a few days, debug it and spend a month or so getting the program set up and helping the workers change over from the old system to the new one.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Good with colours

It's a pity Bo doesn't come here much anymore - he's a bit light on his feet, I'm told.

===

If you work for a big company, your job will be specific so if you're not so good at designing the actual UI, you won't be required to do it.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Poster
    Thats good news , yea basically im not good in the acctul desiging but im good with taking the design and makign it work and basically giving life to it

7. Lounge   -   #7
    You'll need to know a few languages though, and know what they can and can't do. No point writing something in VB if one of the things they want can't be done.

VB is a very basic language and what most people start as.

C is nice.
    C++ Is basically C2 just an improvement over C.
    Java is pretty much C+++ the next step up from C++. Best thing about Java is that it doesn't care what OS or setup you use, as long as the user has Java Run Time install Java files will play. Where as VB for example uses common Windows extensions such as EXE which won't run on Linux, Mac or anything else. It's not easy, you wont be able to go home and google to find out how to do something, you'll need to know how to do it, and some of the languages are complicated.

It's a lot of work and not much money for a good 4 years, and even if you do a full time 2 year college course, and learn VB all the time you are there, you still won't be an expert. Only after 4,5,6 and so on years will you be able to easly program, programs.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by neotheone
    Okay so im not really good with colour schemes like giving a layout a colour scheme and shit but in te future i would like to be a programmer like rich internet applications and basic win32 programming so do i haev to be good with colours and stuff to be hierd by a compnay or when people are making a software there are the graphixs designers and the programmers which get together and make 1 program?
    You don't have to be good with colours. The company will generally already have worked all that out beforehand, so you just adhere to their standards when you design your pages/screens/panels...

One of the APs at my company is even colour-blind...

(This actually comes in handy for when I design my websites, because if he can read them, then it means I haven't inadvertantly used colours that might be unclear to people with a similar affliction...)

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Poster
    thank you everyone for making it clear to me , i guess ive moved on from girl help to career help lol

10. Lounge   -   #10
    In future i susgest spelling help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast