Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: LipSchtick

  1. #1
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    5,001
    i walked past a girl wearing heavy, red lipstick, she also was waving one of those walking cane things infront of her. She was clearly blind.

    Is it wrong i glaged a bit at her make-up?

    Red was soo not her colour.
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

  2. Lounge   -   #2
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Over here!
    Posts
    19,631
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthInsinuate
    i walked past a girl wearing heavy, red lipstick, she also was waving one of those walking cane things infront of her. She was clearly blind.

    Is it wrong i glaged a bit at her make-up?

    Red was soo not her colour.


    How the fuck is she supposed to know that???

  3. Lounge   -   #3
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,532
    that's just wrong. i bet if you were blind we'd be seeing piss stains down your trousers eh!

  4. Lounge   -   #4
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    I wear an Even Steven wit
    Posts
    44,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai
    that's just wrong. i bet if you were blind we'd be seeing piss stains down your trousers eh!


    I can have a piss without visually checking that my cawk is outside of my trousers and pointing in the right direction.

    I presume a blind person would be, at least, equally adept at his own urinary task.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

    --Good for them if they survive.

  5. Lounge   -   #5
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Over here!
    Posts
    19,631
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai
    that's just wrong. i bet if you were blind we'd be seeing piss stains down your trousers eh!


    I can have a piss without visually checking that my cawk is outside of my trousers and pointing in the right direction.

    I presume a blind person would be, at least, equally adept at his own urinary task.
    Isn't that what the labradors are for though?

  6. Lounge   -   #6
    you guys, Anorexia is no laughing matter.

    Also you're assuming that it only affects females, in fact many men suffer from eating disorders...

    The thing about the support sites is that as much as everyone wants to recover, everyone has a distorted image of what's beautiful, so yeah they think someone underweight is beautiful, but at the same time they dont want to think that.

    They think that by telling the girls that the are beautiful and by reassuring them, it will stop them from losing more weight.

    Andi, the girl who's pictures you've been posting has been in recovery multiple times, but eating disorders are a hard thing to get over. She is currently in recovery now. TRYING desperately to get over a disease which has taken over her life.

    As a recovered anorexic I know how hard it is to get over, even now I still have a skewed perception of myself. I would never consider myself as beautiful, although people say that.

    Most people who suffer from eating disorders are survivors of abuse. They find it's a way of coping for them. It's a mental disorder WHICH CANNOT BE HELPED.

    It is also a disorder that isn't very understood, most hospitals will feed a patient to normal weight and then send them on their way but never treat the underlying problems. Recovery takes YEARS of phsychiatric help, alongside medication. It is a 24hour task for most people.

    People do not "choose" to be anorexic or bulimic, despite what some of you morons think.

    Laugh at them all you like, just make sure you're informed about what you're laughing at.

    IT IS NOT A VANITY THING. It comes from low self esteem and is a control issue.

    Seriously, some of you are far more fucked up than any of those girls on the site. It's like laughing at someone with cancer. It's sick.

  7. Lounge   -   #7
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    CO
    Age
    40
    Posts
    29,622
    Wrong thread meagan. This is the one for poking at blind folks.
    Last edited by Skizo; 10-10-2005 at 03:13 PM.



    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    The FST Last.fm group

  8. Lounge   -   #8
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    I wear an Even Steven wit
    Posts
    44,031
    Quote Originally Posted by megan343
    you guys, Anorexia is no laughing matter.

    Also you're assuming that it only affects females, in fact many men suffer from eating disorders...

    The thing about the support sites is that as much as everyone wants to recover, everyone has a distorted image of what's beautiful, so yeah they think someone underweight is beautiful, but at the same time they dont want to think that.

    They think that by telling the girls that the are beautiful and by reassuring them, it will stop them from losing more weight.

    Andi, the girl who's pictures you've been posting has been in recovery multiple times, but eating disorders are a hard thing to get over. She is currently in recovery now. TRYING desperately to get over a disease which has taken over her life.

    As a recovered anorexic I know how hard it is to get over, even now I still have a skewed perception of myself. I would never consider myself as beautiful, although people say that.

    Most people who suffer from eating disorders are survivors of abuse. They find it's a way of coping for them. It's a mental disorder WHICH CANNOT BE HELPED.

    It is also a disorder that isn't very understood, most hospitals will feed a patient to normal weight and then send them on their way but never treat the underlying problems. Recovery takes YEARS of phsychiatric help, alongside medication. It is a 24hour task for most people.

    People do not "choose" to be anorexic or bulimic, despite what some of you morons think.

    Laugh at them all you like, just make sure you're informed about what you're laughing at.

    IT IS NOT A VANITY THING. It comes from low self esteem and is a control issue.

    Seriously, some of you are far more fucked up than any of those girls on the site. It's like laughing at someone with cancer. It's sick.
    Well done. I hope your recovery continues - you quite clearly know more about it than I do and I appreciate you taking the time to post.

    Yes, morons is a good way to describe people who laugh at the disorder without understanding what drives the sufferers to behave as they do.

    Wrong thread, btw
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

    --Good for them if they survive.

  9. Lounge   -   #9
    oops my mistake...

    jesus do some people here have nothing better to do then laugh at people...?

  10. Lounge   -   #10
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Over here!
    Posts
    19,631
    Quote Originally Posted by megan343
    you guys, Anorexia is no laughing matter.

    Also you're assuming that it only affects females, in fact many men suffer from eating disorders...

    The thing about the support sites is that as much as everyone wants to recover, everyone has a distorted image of what's beautiful, so yeah they think someone underweight is beautiful, but at the same time they dont want to think that.

    They think that by telling the girls that the are beautiful and by reassuring them, it will stop them from losing more weight.

    Andi, the girl who's pictures you've been posting has been in recovery multiple times, but eating disorders are a hard thing to get over. She is currently in recovery now. TRYING desperately to get over a disease which has taken over her life.

    As a recovered anorexic I know how hard it is to get over, even now I still have a skewed perception of myself. I would never consider myself as beautiful, although people say that.

    Most people who suffer from eating disorders are survivors of abuse. They find it's a way of coping for them. It's a mental disorder WHICH CANNOT BE HELPED.

    It is also a disorder that isn't very understood, most hospitals will feed a patient to normal weight and then send them on their way but never treat the underlying problems. Recovery takes YEARS of phsychiatric help, alongside medication. It is a 24hour task for most people.

    People do not "choose" to be anorexic or bulimic, despite what some of you morons think.

    Laugh at them all you like, just make sure you're informed about what you're laughing at.

    IT IS NOT A VANITY THING. It comes from low self esteem and is a control issue.

    Seriously, some of you are far more fucked up than any of those girls on the site. It's like laughing at someone with cancer. It's sick.
    Hi Megan, thanks for posting.

    I wonder if you can clear something up for us:

    You say you are a recovered anorexic (well done!), but did being a member of "Fragile Frame" help you to recover? I've been looking around there, and apart from a small dark banner saying that it isn't a pro-ANA site, there are loads of links to pro-ANA and pro-ED sites, and people there who are congratulating people on losing weight, and not having an ounce of fat, and to me at a first glance it does seem like people there are trying to look as thin as possible, and getting encouraged to do so.

    A forum like your needs to be clearer on what its goals are. There appears to be no administration and no moderation on what gets posted there... for example your threads have been consistently trolled and hijacked for 4 or 5 days (not by people from here I might add), and yet all the bad posts are still there.

    The administrators and moderators of your forum are dangerously irresponsible in my book, and were woefully neglecting their duties even before you got spammed.

    Anyway, I'm sure there are some of us who would like a responsible discussion with some of you, so why nost post in the Drawing Room , which is where we (sometimes) hold more serious debates about weighty issues (no pun intended)



    P.S. Welcome to the boards!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •