Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Dutch lesson No.1

  1. #1
    Santa's Avatar dvhyt5er
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    1
    Posts
    2,128
    I)f in Amsterdam and a teenage stoned wannabe beetnik street guitarist wants to bum a few euros from you
    in dutch you reply (coz dutch are greedy - kijke kijke niet kopen (voyuerists)

    " ik heb helemaal niks"

    in english phonetics you sou say fast

    "eek hep ham-an-eggs"

    end lesson one.

  2. Lounge   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    CO
    Age
    40
    Posts
    29,624
    Thanks?



    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    The FST Last.fm group

  3. Lounge   -   #3
    Retired
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    14,058
    that's not correct
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 10-11-2005 at 08:13 AM.

  4. Lounge   -   #4
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,532
    Majority of Dutch speak English anyway
    Last edited by Samurai; 10-11-2005 at 08:29 AM.

  5. Lounge   -   #5
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    7,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai
    Majority of Dutch speak English anyway
    If you find one who doesn't, yelling "feck off!" extremely loudly will do the trick too.

  6. Lounge   -   #6
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Over here!
    Posts
    19,631
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%
    I)f in Amsterdam and a teenage stoned wannabe beetnik street guitarist wants to bum a few euros from you
    in dutch you reply (coz dutch are greedy - kijke kijke niet kopen (voyuerists)

    " ik heb helemaal niks"

    in english phonetics you sou say fast

    "eek hep ham-an-eggs"

    end lesson one.
    "I have entirely nothing"



    In fact, if you just say, "I keep ham and eggs", they will probably just think you are the village idiot and wander off anyway...

  7. Lounge   -   #7
    Santa's Avatar dvhyt5er
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    1
    Posts
    2,128
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}
    that's not correct
    probeer maar "helemaal niks" snel te zeggen
    dan zie je wel dat 't op "ham n eggs" klinkt

  8. Lounge   -   #8
    Retired
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    14,058
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}
    that's not correct
    probeer maar "helemaal niks" snel te zeggen
    dan zie je wel dat 't op "ham n eggs" klinkt
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 10-11-2005 at 02:06 PM.

  9. Lounge   -   #9
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    7,763
    I still say yelling at them is the best solution.

  10. Lounge   -   #10
    Santa's Avatar dvhyt5er
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    1
    Posts
    2,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Guillaume
    If you find one who doesn't, yelling "feck off!" extremely loudly will do the trick too.
    with dutch accent it is
    fukk ohff

    or fukk ju

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •