View Poll Results: what is the prevailing view of Freddie Mercury and Queen?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • One of the greatest acts in rock history, fronted by arguably the greatest frontman ever

13 92.86%
  • Run-of-the-mill bunch of sexually-ambiguous hacks led by screaming fag with teeth of a cart-horse

1 7.14%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Queen

Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    After reading a thread in the sports section, J2K4 found herself wondering what the prevailing view of Freddie Mercury and Queen was-

One of the greatest acts in rock history, fronted by arguably the greatest frontman ever, OR:

A run-of-the-mill bunch of sexually-ambiguous hacks led by a screaming fag with the teeth of a cart-horse?

Just wondering...

2. Lounge   -   #2
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    I voted the first option.

I think that another poll is in order to see how many of us knew that J2 was a woman. I for one didn’t.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBank_Hank

I think that another poll is in order to see how many of us knew that J2 was a woman. I for one didn’t.
    Gemby told us last week.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by manker

Gemby told us last week.

Would that she had told me...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. Lounge   -   #5
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over

Gemby told us last week.
    Damn it I can’t believe that I missed it. That will teach me never to go on vacation again.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Gemby told us last week.
    Damn it I can’t believe that I missed it. That will teach me never to go on vacation again.
    I'd have thought I needed a vacation to pull that off.

Must I take steps to dispel this vicious rumor?

I'll start by spanking Gemma...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. Lounge   -   #7
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I can't really remember the context - but it's definitely gembs' fault
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    I can't really remember the context - but it's definitely gembs' fault
    Yes-I've noticed Gembs causes you to lose track of context as well as losing your composure...

-Mark Twain

9. Lounge   -   #9
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    One of the greatest acts in rock history, fronted by arguably the greatest frontman ever.
    I will however say that I make this choice based on showmanship. I think there have been far superior groups as far as music goes but if you look at the whole package and attended a concert you got value for money from Queen.
    Over the years I have seen a few groups who I have enjoyed listening to on record only to find out that they can't pull it off live.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    One of the greatest acts in rock history, fronted by arguably the greatest frontman ever.
    I will however say that I make this choice based on showmanship. I think there have been far superior groups as far as music goes but if you look at the whole package and attended a concert you got value for money from Queen.
    Over the years I have seen a few groups who I have enjoyed listening to on record only to find out that they can't pull it off live.
    That's about right, I think.

I've seen footage of Queen that sucked, too, but when they put it together, it was a show to remember.

Pink Floyd was great recorded or live, and could be quite a spectacle, but they didn't attempt to put on the show Queen did.

Value for money, as vid says.
    Last edited by j2k4; 10-12-2005 at 09:00 PM.

-Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast