Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If you had a magic wand...

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles
    I don't know enough about the mechanics of US Government to suggest individual changes to operational procedures but...

as it is a magic wand, how about a spell to make all the politicians and officials compulsive truth tellers. Might not improve anything (might make some things worse) but it could be quiet interesting.
    Much as I'd prefer realism, I'd say that's a winner.

Busyman-

Do you actually think I need to continually prowl the web for material in order to post?

I could post off the top-of-my-head without doing any of the reading I do, indeed, without consuming any media at all, other than that which informs me of events, which I'm sure you will grant as necessary, and I'm quite sure you'd never know the difference.

I don't correspond with anyone regularly over issues, don't have an in-box full of propaganda and rhetoric, and couldn't imagine anything more boring than preaching to the choir, anyway.

In fact, the only reason I'm even here is to relieve you of your ignorance.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    To answer your question j2k4 on pg3. To further my political ideals of course!

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb
    To answer your question j2k4 on pg3. To further my political ideals of course!
    Ah, subversion of the process!

Good idea.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    I don't know enough about the mechanics of US Government to suggest individual changes to operational procedures but...

as it is a magic wand, how about a spell to make all the politicians and officials compulsive truth tellers. Might not improve anything (might make some things worse) but it could be quiet interesting.
    Much as I'd prefer realism, I'd say that's a winner.

Busyman-

Do you actually think I need to continually prowl the web for material in order to post?

I could post off the top-of-my-head without doing any of the reading I do, indeed, without consuming any media at all, other than that which informs me of events, which I'm sure you will grant as necessary, and I'm quite sure you'd never know the difference.

I don't correspond with anyone regularly over issues, don't have an in-box full of propaganda and rhetoric, and couldn't imagine anything more boring than preaching to the choir, anyway.

In fact, the only reason I'm even here is to relieve you of your ignorance.
    Thanks.

Know that some of us are mindful of what ails our government. Know that we some have it in our mind that you think Bush is a good President doing a good job. This very fact alone lends me to believe (I may be speaking for others too) that although you seem to exhibit some intelligence and vocabulary, the aforementioned fact irregardless to the President, knocks this intelligence down about halfway and makes the vocabulary somewhat irrelevant to what is being convey.
    Run-On

That's at least the way I see it (maybe the way others do too).
    Last edited by Busyman; 10-16-2005 at 02:42 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Thought J2 was of the opinion that Monroe was the last decent President
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Know that we some have it in our mind that you think Bush is a good President doing a good job.
    You, of all people, should know better than that.

Nothing could be further from the truth; I think he's doing a job that warrants a description along the lines of half-assed, at best.

I give him a C- for his tenure in the Whitehouse.

I do feel he's had more on his plate (event-wise) than any President since FDR, and has spent commensurate time, therefore, on virgin strategic turf.

I am of the opinion that I have not, in my lifetime, seen a Democrat I'd trust to do a better job, however.

As I've said before, Republicans suck, they're just better than Democrats.

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Know that we some have it in our mind that you think Bush is a good President doing a good job.
    You, of all people, should know better than that.

Nothing could be further from the truth; I think he's doing a job that warrants a description along the lines of half-assed, at best.

I give him a C- for his tenure in the Whitehouse.

I do feel he's had more on his plate (event-wise) than any President since FDR, and has spent commensurate time, therefore, on virgin strategic turf.

I am of the opinion that I have not, in my lifetime, seen a Democrat I'd trust to do a better job, however.

As I've said before, Republicans suck, they're just better than Democrats.
    Coooool. Best post I've scene from you...ever. Really.

I agree with you on the somewhat virgin turf doohicky (stepped up terrorism) but I still give him an F.

His decisions weren't in any way logical irregardless to what problems were placed before him. As far as his plate, he added those extra dinner specials so it can't used to excuse him if he has to eat it. He is kick ass if you were rich. Hell you got to keep a rack of money during a bad overall economy but a great real estate market.

You shouldn't say that you suck btw. Not a good picture for an eagle.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    Yet another mis-read.

I am not a Republican.

I am a non-isolationist Conservative, and not of the Neo- stripe, either.

BTW-I expect you to remember that last post of mine, too, and never pester me improperly about my allegiances again.

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Yet another mis-read.

I am not a Republican.

BTW-I expect you to remember that last post of mine, too, and never pester me improperly about my allegiances again.
    Like I said, Monroe
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40

Yet another mis-read.

I am not a Republican.

Like I said, Monroe
    For my purposes, that'll do.

I guess.

-Mark Twain

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast