Thread: Microsoft Warn of Security Issues

Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    Adding to the Identity card row in Britain.
    In comes the software giant Microsoft,warning of the dangers of such a system,
    In this story they are warning the British Government of the dangers of biometrics info being hacked
    If anyone should know they would
    Upset's me that a companany that can't even secure it's own OS should be offering advice to the government in the first place

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by gripper103.2
    Adding to the Identity card row in Britain.
    In comes the software giant Microsoft,warning of the dangers of such a system,
    In this story they are warning the British Government of the dangers of biometrics info being hacked
    If anyone should know they would
    Upset's me that a companany that can't even secure it's own OS should be offering advice to the government in the first place
    Yeah I know biometrics involves software and M$ should keep security warnings to themselves.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    My biggest biometric security nightmare is of some thug snapping off my fingers or popping out my eye-ball to get access to my bank account...

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    I honestly think the only people who need to worry about ID cards are people with guilty consciences,I think it would be well handy to have a card that I could just show whenever ID was needed,for instance if you had an accident and were unconscious,the paramedics or docs could swipe your card through a reader get you're blood type,medical data and next of kin details in one easy hit.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    I honestly think the only people who need to worry about ID cards are people with guilty consciences,I think it would be well handy to have a card that I could just show whenever ID was needed,for instance if you had an accident and were unconscious,the paramedics or docs could swipe your card through a reader get you're blood type,medical data and next of kin details in one easy hit.
    I agree that they could be very useful but I doubt the merits being spouted about fighting terror. In any case the argument isn't about how useful they could be to the individual but should they be compulsory or voluntary?
    Last edited by vidcc; 10-18-2005 at 04:40 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Would i be right in assuming that in the states your driving licences have a lot of information about you on them anyway.
    As for voluntary or compulsary then I would have to go for voluntary as we live in a democracy with free will.
    I just think the idea has more merits than demerits

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Would i be right in assuming that in the states your driving licences have a lot of information about you on them anyway.
    Apart from the it being a photo ID to drive it is the same as any driving licence, pretty much the only personal information is what one chooses such as being an organ donor. personal information other than gender,address etc. would be on the "swipe" There are no biometrics. (social security number is probably on it as well)

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    damn

now this is talking futuristic baby

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    this microsoft employee is right this is a massive task and very risky.

the central server will be a prime target for malicious crackers. since people are going to have to be able to remotely access this data. How are they going to do this securly, who get access and how much info can certain people view.

I would really like to be able to get more details about this does anyone have any other links with exactly what they plan to implement.