Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: America

enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    .Lennox Lewis' voice does not equal the Jim Carrey's.
    Your right,i've never heard lennox say all righty then.

2. Lounge   -   #82
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    You said that you thought all English people sounded like Lennox Lewis.

Since Lennox Lewis sounds nothing like how an English person speaks, you must either have not heard anyone else speak that was English or heard loads of English people speak yet decided that Lennox Lewis was the only one that sounded English.

Either scenario is odd, but I went with the former. So said that you must have lived in a cave not to have heard any other English person speak.

So ... that's my comment explained, hows about you tidy up what you actually meant.
    Seems like you are doing the tidying up.

You said....
    You must have lived in a cave if the only 'English' person you ever heard speak until Snatch aired was Lennox Lewis
    I never said that so must have been in another dimension and Bizarro Busyman must have been talking.

Lennox sounds nothing like any Canadian I've heard. The Canadians I've heard sound like the guys from the movie Strange Brew, French, or northern American.

Lennox Lewis' voice does not equal the Jim Carrey's.
    Yeah, I said I explained

So what if Lennox doesn't souind Canadian. He definitely doesn't sound English - which is what you thought English people sounded like. You realised that they didn't when you saw Snatch.

So ... prior to being enlightened as to how English people speak, was Canadian raised Lennox Lewis your only point of reference.

Or were you talking pish.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Lounge   -   #83
    horia's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    in my opinion each country has it's ups and downs and the US seems to have it's up now and it will have it untill another country will succesfully compete with it on all "subjects"... I mean maybe the EU will make smth good and nice and maybe it will become the best country ...
    also I want to say that america has it's pros and cons... I agree .. the best life style the quality of life all are pros but we have 2 watch the cons to.. wars.. enemies .. terrorists ... junk stuff.... mass pollution (noone seems to care to much about that.. and through this I mean that the US doesn't have laws like the EU to reduce car pollution and that sux )
    I admit that one of my dream is to go there.. nice country nice ppl ... and the today's super power... the question what makes USA what it is is a complex question with a simple answer.. some would say the way of thinking.. some the history but me personally I think all the stuff make US what it is with the good and the bad cause there is no such thing as perfection so like every wood has it's dried trees the USA and all the rest of us have bad points...

4. Lounge   -   #84
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Seems like you are doing the tidying up.

You said....
    You must have lived in a cave if the only 'English' person you ever heard speak until Snatch aired was Lennox Lewis
    I never said that so must have been in another dimension and Bizarro Busyman must have been talking.

Lennox sounds nothing like any Canadian I've heard. The Canadians I've heard sound like the guys from the movie Strange Brew, French, or northern American.

Lennox Lewis' voice does not equal the Jim Carrey's.
    Yeah, I said I explained

So what if Lennox doesn't souind Canadian. He definitely doesn't sound English - which is what you thought English people sounded like. You realised that they didn't when you saw Snatch.

So ... prior to being enlightened as to how English people speak, was Canadian raised Lennox Lewis your only point of reference.

Or were you talking pish.
    Are you stupid or playing stupid? RIF.

I never said that. Quote where I said Lennox was the first English person I heard speak......and he does sound English.

Probably the first English person I heard speak was Benny Hill or should I say Bennay Hell.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. Lounge   -   #85
    manker's Avatar effendi
    The only stereotype I had was that everything by Brits was so gentlemanly and prim and propa and that I thought that the accent sounded very faggety/girly (Lennox Lewis)
    So you thought the British accent was like Lennox Lewis' accent.

If not, then it appears you were talking pish.

Maybe you just felt like typing Lennox Lewis in brackets for no reason whatsoever. I really don't know but whatever, I asked you to explain what you actually meant by that, as it's unclear.

I even went to the legnth of explaining my comment such that even newcomers to the language could understand it.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

6. Lounge   -   #86
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Look stop with the lennox argument, everyone that really knows the British accents knows that they all sound like dick van dyke.

BTW can anyone explain which accent Sheena Easton has these days

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

7. Lounge   -   #87
    The only stereotype I had was that everything by Brits was so gentlemanly and prim and propa and that I thought that the accent sounded very faggety/girly (Lennox Lewis)
    So you thought the British accent was like Lennox Lewis' accent.

If not, then it appears you were talking pish.

Maybe you just felt like typing Lennox Lewis in brackets for no reason whatsoever. I really don't know but whatever, I asked you to explain what you actually meant by that, as it's unclear.

I even went to the legnth of explaining my comment such that even newcomers to the language could understand it.
    Where is the notion that he's the first Brit I heard? There's maw...
    with high pitched bouncy tone.
    No down and dirtyness. Of course when I see movies like Snatch, which is very gritty and dirty, and watch Hatton fight (so much energy I think he's on steroids), I am reminded that you have real men and faggots just like everybody else.
    Lennox Lewis sounds like he's from Britain. John Cleese has that uppity voice as well.

Where's Lennox from btw?
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Lounge   -   #88
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Lennox is from the same place as Snatch was filmed.

I explained where I got the notion that Lennox was the first person you'd heard.

You're not reading what I write properly. There's a surprise.

9. Lounge   -   #89
    Lennox is from the same place as Snatch was filmed.

I explained where I got the notion that Lennox was the first person you'd heard.

You're not reading what I write properly. There's a surprise.
    The fact that you got that notion means you are not reading propa lee.

I thought Lennox sounded British when I heard him talk. Amazing he's was actually born over there and not Canada. I musta got the British sounding thing from thin air.
    Last edited by Busyman; 10-19-2005 at 06:22 PM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. Lounge   -   #90
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I musta got the British sounding thing from thin air.
    No shit

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast