Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Problem with time out error....please help me!

  1. #1
    sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    - = C.a.N.a.D.A = -
    Age
    30
    Posts
    961
    Hi,

    For some reason no matter what torrent i try to download, Azureus and uTorrent gives me time out error.

    I have tried several different sites with different trackers and different torrents, but every time i get time out error.

    Does anyone know what might be causing this? This has never happened before......I wonder what's causing this.

    I do not have a router, I have DSL connection which is directly connected to my computer.

    Specs:
    Winxp Pro
    Pentium 2.60GHz
    512MB RAM

    please help me!
    Last edited by sameer0807; 10-21-2005 at 01:38 AM.

    "I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

  2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Have you installed any firewall software lately?
    Have you tried to check your windows firewall for blocking it?

  3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    - = C.a.N.a.D.A = -
    Age
    30
    Posts
    961
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefox17
    Have you installed any firewall software lately?
    Have you tried to check your windows firewall for blocking it?
    I recently downloaded AVG Anti virus and I think it comes with a firewall. I tired looking for firewall option but cant find it anywhere in the AVG Control center.

    I think that might be it, but not sure though 'cause i dunno how to access AVG Firewall.

    As far as windows firewall is concerned, No its not blocking it.

    "I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

  4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    txccna
    Guest
    the windows firewall blocks incoming connections - you need to enable those for succeessful torrenting, also you will need to find out the port number that your torrent client is listening on and program your router to forward traffic from that port to your ip....

  5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    - = C.a.N.a.D.A = -
    Age
    30
    Posts
    961
    Quote Originally Posted by txccna
    you will need to find out the port number that your torrent client is listening on and program your router to forward traffic from that port to your ip....
    but my internet connection is direct.....i dont have any router hooked up, the internet is hooked up to moderm n thats abt it....

    "I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

  6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by sameer0807
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefox17
    Have you installed any firewall software lately?
    Have you tried to check your windows firewall for blocking it?
    I recently downloaded AVG Anti virus and I think it comes with a firewall. I tired looking for firewall option but cant find it anywhere in the AVG Control center.

    I think that might be it, but not sure though 'cause i dunno how to access AVG Firewall.

    As far as windows firewall is concerned, No its not blocking it.
    Try to look in here:
    AVG Control Center -> View -> Components

    If you still can't find then try to disable AVG completely, just to check if the torrent works.

  7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    - = C.a.N.a.D.A = -
    Age
    30
    Posts
    961
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefox17
    Quote Originally Posted by sameer0807

    I recently downloaded AVG Anti virus and I think it comes with a firewall. I tired looking for firewall option but cant find it anywhere in the AVG Control center.

    I think that might be it, but not sure though 'cause i dunno how to access AVG Firewall.

    As far as windows firewall is concerned, No its not blocking it.
    Try to look in here:
    AVG Control Center -> View -> Components

    If you still can't find then try to disable AVG completely, just to check if the torrent works.
    I still cant find AVG Firewall anywhere, may be it doesn't come with it. Anyways i have disabled AVG completely and then tried running torrents, but still i get time out error.

    This is really getting very frustrating......
    Last edited by sameer0807; 10-21-2005 at 09:47 PM.

    "I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •