Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Extra Large Thin Bin Bags

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa
    need to add memory loss to your list Blyth...
    Who's Blyth? What's memory loss?

Keep in mind that the sugar industry and the rest of the sugar substitute industry are furious over Splenda....

If ya'll google somore you can find more side effects and testimonials I'm sure.
    Last edited by Busyman; 10-21-2005 at 03:42 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Lounge   -   #32
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Keep in mind that the sugar industry and the rest of the sugar substitute industry are furious over Splenda....
    Yeah ... Splenda has completely cornered the image concious fat bloke end of the coffee sweetening market.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    the way i see it, sugarfree sugar tastes like shite. don't care much about the side effects.

funny how busyman bitches about insecure teenage girls and is himself so vane he has to have sugarfree sugar

4. Lounge   -   #34
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    the way i see it, sugarfree sugar tastes like shite. don't care much about the side effects.

funny how busyman bitches about insecure teenage girls and is himself so vane he has to have sugarfree sugar
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Blythorama's Avatar Podiceps cristatus
    Quote Originally Posted by Blythorama
    So being fat is worse than risking serious side effects then is it?
    What side effects?

There are also lawsuits involving McDonald's making people fat.
    Lawsuits also involving red meat causing heart attacks.

Artificial Sweeteners can disrupt the way your system deals with calorific substances, including fat absorbtion. There is ongoing research looking at whether artificial sweetners are causing fat retention and contributing to high obesity levels (see the International Journal of Obesity - July 2004)

At least with sugar you know what you are getting, you know how your body deals with it, and you know the affect it has on you. Sucralose (Splenda) is entirely artificial and its long term health effects are not known.

Why do you need an artificial sweetner anyway? Why not do without?
    Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant!

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Yeah ... Splenda has completely cornered the image concious fat bloke end of the coffee sweetening market.
    .....or those with diabetes and those who simply don't want all that sugar in their diet.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Lounge   -   #37
    manker's Avatar effendi
    .....or those with diabetes and those who simply don't want all that sugar in their diet.
    I doubt the sugar industry would be 'furious' about diabetics not eating sugar, dumbass.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Blythorama
    What side effects?

There are also lawsuits involving McDonald's making people fat.
    Lawsuits also involving red meat causing heart attacks.

Artificial Sweeteners can disrupt the way your system deals with calorific substances, including fat absorbtion. There is ongoing research looking at whether artificial sweetners are causing fat retention and contributing to high obesity levels (see the International Journal of Obesity - July 2004)

At least with sugar you know what you are getting, you know how your body deals with it, and you know the affect it has on you. Sucralose (Splenda) is entirely artificial and its long term health effects are not known.

Why do you need an artificial sweetner anyway? Why not do without?
    Sucralose has been used for years. The current incarnation of it, Splenda, has not.

I don't use Splenda that much. I use it in some drinks like iced tea and Kool-Aid.

There is absolutely no taste difference. Other than that I drink almost entirely pure water.

I have tasted Splenda in Breyer's ice cream (taste like shit unless it's chocalate) and Edy's Triple Fudge (tastes damn good).

Mostly my diet is, what some of my friend's call, Atkin's lite, cause I don't cut out the carbs like I'm supposed to.

I think I'm mainly losing weight from cutting out the sweets, sodas, and sugary juice. I don't, however, eat any starch (potatoes, pasta, French fries, etc.) and eat lots of veggies, fish, chicken, and occasionly red meat.

I'm down to 193 from 200 now and I start my YMCA membership at their new location at Potomac Overlook this Saturday. I've been lazy for too long now.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Lounge   -   #39
    I doubt the sugar industry would be 'furious' about diabetics not eating sugar, dumbass.
    Fuck you and RIF.

I never said the sugar industry is furious about anything regarding diabetics. You are incredibly stupid.

Anyone conscious about having too much sugar in their diet might switch to a sugar substitute that tastes just like sugar sans sugars side effects.......
    dumbass.

Oh and again...RIF

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Blythorama's Avatar Podiceps cristatus
    Sugar=natural=known effects on human health
    Splenda/sucralose artificial = unknown effect on human health.

If you don't want sugar in your diet, don't eat sugar. Why swap to an artificial substitute surrounded by controversy? Can't you do without?

Also, why are you posting your weight loss? Are we meant to applaud you on your self-control?

A slightly moody Blyth because its Friday and I'm still at work
    Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast