View Poll Results: how much do you usually seed?

Voters
2399. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-10%

144 6.00%
  • 10-30%

53 2.21%
  • 30-50%

72 3.00%
  • 50-80%

133 5.54%
  • 80-150%

742 30.93%
  • 150-200%

498 20.76%
  • 200-300%

249 10.38%
  • 300-400%

100 4.17%
  • 400-500%

40 1.67%
  • 500+%...I salute you

368 15.34%
Page 14 of 58 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you a leecher?

Acidice's Avatar sunshine live = love BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    my upload speed is atrocious. I get 6 megs down, 0.4 megs up. I still manage a ratio over 1.0 though.

2. BitTorrent   -   #132
    I'm no leech. But the ratios differ. it depends of the site. In Oink it's really hard to get the ratio to 5.0 but it's easy to get it over 5.0 on Filelist or Filemp3.

3. BitTorrent   -   #133
    WHiKWiRE's Avatar MooPhEuS
    I hope Seedler isn't just trying to impress us saying his seeds 500%. I mean this is impossible if he is talking about a private tracker as Rip the Jacker stated. I personally seed 150% most of the time and even that's a struggle these days.

4. BitTorrent   -   #134
    For evry person that seeds over 100% there has to be someone that seeds less than 100%. So in a way for maniac seeders leechers are needed to keep these people and their egomaniacal obsession with ratio happy.

I seed everything to 50% and then I see what torrent is in the most need of help. Then I seed those for a while.

5. BitTorrent   -   #135
    limesqueezer's Avatar kwasheni rejtash
    I would like to see somebody sharing all his downloaded files, that would be something new on torrents. Torrents are made for leechers, some few people release stuff but all other people are only seeding last stuff they downloaded. But i don't understand what is the point in leeching on torrents since stuff on torrents you find anywhere else if you can't get it from torrents, its popular as shit since torrents are for randomly new stuff only.

6. BitTorrent   -   #136
    ym84's Avatar poor gal BT Rep: +2
    frankly, its not as easy not to become a leecher.. seeding 150% is really tough most of the time.. not to say about public server,where most people just hit and run (that's why its easy to seed above 150%)..but for the case of private server, everyone just wants to have a share of the seed.. and it will take me like days to hit 150% especially for older torrents.. and frankly, i don't see the point of wasting my computer memory jus to seed a torrent where there is already 10 seeds and 1 leecher.. despite my upload capacity of at least 50 kb/s, no one seems to be downloading form me most of the time..

wad i would do is, i would not set ani restriction on my upload speed. thus, if i happen to be downloading a new torrent, my ratio would usually be 1:1.. and depending on the suitation, i would sometimes seed for another like 7 hours while i am in school.

i am not too sure if location/distance from the tracker do plays a part.. i am base in south east asia and no one really seems to be interested in my upload.. i find it hard to maintain my share ratio even thou i am seeding..
    Last edited by ym84; 09-14-2006 at 02:49 AM.
    they always say that the best thingys in the world are free.. how i gotta agree with it

7. BitTorrent   -   #137
    nizrulesall's Avatar SuFis Up!
    Quote Originally Posted by ym84 View Post
    frankly, its not as easy not to become a leecher.. seeding 150% is really tough most of the time.. not to say about public server,where most people just hit and run (that's why its easy to seed above 150%)..but for the case of private server, everyone just wants to have a share of the seed.. and it will take me like days to hit 150% especially for older torrents..
    Yeah i totally agree with that.

8. BitTorrent   -   #138
    DSLFreak's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I try to seed 100 to 150% on all files but sometimes it's hard on some of the private trackers, plus my up speed is only 64 KB/s.

9. BitTorrent   -   #139
    Have I missed a meeting here?

Surely there is only a finite number of people who use BitTorrent, and even within that finite number there must be a smaller number of people who want a particular torrent?

Every time one user completes a download and begins to seed it, that means there's one person less who wants to download the file, doesn't it? And the size of the group of seeds from whom this now smaller group of downloaders can get the file has grown by another one.

So each seeder gets to give a little bit less bandwidth (i.e. increase their ratio by a smaller amount) every tie a download completes. The law of diminishing returns, I think!

So if you're the last dude to download a file, how do you seed it to 500% if no other little blighter wants it? Do you have an extra special double-secret client which forces people to download the torrents you're seeding against their will? Or do you have some other means of persuading people to get data that they don't want from you?

10. BitTorrent   -   #140
    my ratio is between 1.0 and 1.05

Page 14 of 58 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast