Thread: Peer Guardian

What is peer guardian and where can I get it?
    thanks!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    FST Retiree
    it is an application that blocks out user specified ip addresses of known peer2peer enemies. you can get it from http://xs.tech.nu/.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Prevents you from getting spotted by ur betraying sonfa*itch ISP, who will in turn, report you to a bigtime law firms who will then sue the arse of you.

Note this is only prevention, you still may get f*cked by them somehow if they got some other trick up their motherS*cking sleeves.

Hope that wasn't too rude, I just hate the thought of some ISP who would f*ck their customers up for some money in assisting this motherf*cking attornies working for bigtime firms. Piracy all the way, *itches, not like I know what it means.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    good for blocking leechers, well just for the night anyway as i no ip changes daily.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    FST Retiree
    Originally posted by ijc_2003@17 May 2003 - 13:21
    good for blocking leechers, well just for the night anyway as i no ip changes daily.
    peerguardian has no way of blocking leechers, unless you get the ip address of every leecher and add it to the blocklist. it has been said time and time again.....you can not stop leechers on kazaa lite unless you disable uploading.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Forum Star
    Originally posted by RedRival@14 May 2003 - 13:46
    Prevents you from getting spotted by ur betraying sonfa*itch ISP, who will in turn, report you to a bigtime law firms who will then sue the arse of you.

Note this is only prevention, you still may get f*cked by them somehow if they got some other trick up their motherS*cking sleeves.

Hope that wasn't too rude, I just hate the thought of some ISP who would f*ck their customers up for some money in assisting this motherf*cking attornies working for bigtime firms. Piracy all the way, *itches, not like I know what it means.
    You can't prevent your own ISP from monitoring you. But you can (to some extent) prevent those other organisations from monitoring you.

But you are never 100% safe. It's more like 50%. PeerGuardian doesn't block everything.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by dg_mortal+17 May 2003 - 18:26--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dg_mortal @ 17 May 2003 - 18:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--ijc_2003@17 May 2003 - 13:21
    peerguardian has no way of blocking leechers, unless you get the ip address of every leecher and add it to the blocklist. it has been said time and time again.....you can not stop leechers on kazaa lite unless you disable uploading. [/b][/quote]
    technically if k-lite abandoned the privacy patch then we could have a program like you can get for Win MX where if the user is not sharing they cannot download from you
    Overnet Lite 0.53

Free hosting for P2P clients - PM me

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    FST Retiree
    Originally posted by OcramC@17 May 2003 - 15:53
    technically if k-lite abandoned the privacy patch then we could have a program like you can get for Win MX where if the user is not sharing they cannot download from you
    technically you could, but it wont happen with kazaa lite, as i dont see them getting rid of the privacy patch anytime soon. it&#39;s there for security reasons, and pretty good ones if you ask me. so therefore, you cannot stop leechers on kazaa lite, because someone who is sharing 10,000 files may get cut off from download after download because the privacy patch makes it appear as if he or she is not sharing. not fair for that user

edit: enough about this subject here.....it&#39;s off the topic of the thread

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    hey.. thank you all for your help