Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2 Bin File problems

mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by accat13
    You should really get away from using vlc to play bins.Bins are meant to be burned as images your just causing yourself an issue,you should be extracting the mpegs from the bins then burning as data (some standalone dvd players will even play them like this)try this link for a tutorial http://www.videohelp.com/forum/userg...26.php#svcdbin I use isobuster for svcd and vcdgear for vcd http://www.vcdgear.com/ but to each his own.Hope this helps good luck
    ok, i've did that, but when "I" do that and i make an .avi out of it it plays fine. 5.1 and everything, but when i want to skip to the middle of the movie or just anywhere in the movie it freezes. why? i chose th option "extract but filter only m2f2 mpeg frames." i have tried all the options though just to see if it made a difference. something i'm missing?
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. nails
    does no one like vlc here or something? just asking...
    Great program, when I used to d/l bins I ALWAYS checked them with VLC and if the quality wasn't worth wasting a disc then I'd watch it with VLC.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    i'm sure you've already figured this out, but you only need two programs.

bin2iso - available as freeware.

and isobuster from SmartProjects

bin2iso is a command line program that will decode the .bin file into an .iso image which isobuster can extract all video and data info from.

isobuster will effectively create an .mpg file from the .iso image. you should be able to convert a 700M .bin file to .mpg in roughly 25-30 seconds.

happy decoding

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    lol, perhaps no one reads previous posts within the threads. i'm not converting and/or extracting anything. i'm simply watching the video. geez.

also, seeing how this was brought back up. on my recent format i've installed videolan 8.4 and i get 5.1 audio now! yay!
    Alamo Drafthouse!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Mïcrösöül°V³
    Why not just mount the .bin to a virtual drive and play it from there. Its been a while, but Im pretty sure you can do that. I prefer to waste cds, cuz Im good like that.
    Same as I do.

Anyway you still haven't mentioned what these are bin files of.
    VCDs? sVCDs? DVDs?

Not that it matters now since it's working again.
    Last edited by tesco; 02-13-2006 at 03:22 PM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    of course i read the thread. the method i posted guarantees you will always have video and audio via an .mpg file.

reading .bin files on the fly is simply not dependable. i've done it for over 3 years and it's hit and miss.

best wishes
    Last edited by glazi; 02-14-2006 at 04:06 AM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    getting audio and video were never the problem. i simply got 5.1 one day and 2.1 the next and just wanted to know what i may have did wrong. if i'm just gonna watch the vcd, svcd and kvcd's and then delete them when the audio and video are just fine by watching them via videolan; why go thru the trouble of converting? i'm sure ur method is fine for u, but this is fine for me is all.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123