Thread: Visual Studio .net

scalpel
    Has anyone actually managed to get this software up and running? I've downloaded all of the disks 1 to 7 and have downloaded three different versions of CD1. None work - very frustrating!!

And that's a lot of hours downloading!! Like 3 days solid!!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    i've been trying to dl that... itz a great prog... but 7cds ... eh ... too much to keep track...

if your trying to do c++

http://download.com.com/3000-2069-1683220....tml?tag=lst-0-1

dl that... itz a great program...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    W£hat is this prog?>

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    I'm confused as to what the whole .NET software is. Anyone care to fill me in laymen's terms? I have Visual Studios 6.0 but I'm quite aware it isn't up to date.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    this apps is the mother of all c++ programming......it allows you do compile any c++ and the new language c# programs

the correct file sizes for each one are as follows

Actual Size
    Visual Studio .NET Enterprise Architect CD1.iso.iso 652,014KB

Visual Studio .NET Enterprise Architect CD2.iso.iso 603,282KB 617,760,768 bytes
    Visual Studio .NET Enterprise Architect CD3.iso.iso 635,986KB 651,249,664 bytes
    Visual Studio .NET Enterprise Architect CD4.iso.iso 37,128KB 38,019,072 bytes
    Visual Studio .NET Enterprise Architect CD5.iso.iso 358,078KB 366,671,872 bytes
    Visual Studio .NET Enterprise Architect CD6.iso.iso 32,320KB 33,095,680 bytes
    Visual Studio .NET Enterprise Architect CD7.iso.iso 300,608KB 307,822,592 bytes

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    It is not just for c++ it also includes visual basic, fox pro (god knows what that is), and loads of debugging stuff.

I think the .net edition is aimed more at using c for cgi, sql and the like but i could be wrong.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Visual Studio. Net is the next generation of Visual Studio; for Visual Basic users, that would be the equivalent of VB7.

VB.Net takes VB to the next level; C++ programmers can't cast dispersions on use anymore, cause VB.Net is now a bona fide object oriented language, what with heredity and polymorphism. Gets me all wet....

My exstacy is on hold, however, cause I can't get it to install yet either.

Chirp

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by scalpel@14 April 2003 - 20:28
    Has anyone actually managed to get this software up and running? I've downloaded all of the disks 1 to 7 and have downloaded three different versions of CD1. None work - very frustrating!!

And that's a lot of hours downloading!! Like 3 days solid!!
    i have visual studio 6.0 is it similar to the .net version???its just 200mb.it has everything vb,c++,fox pro,interdave.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    First off, I would recommend that you do not download Microsoft Visual Studio .NET

It is outdated and contains a hell load of bugs. That is why Microsoft release Visual Studio .NET 2003; the final release candidate sometime this month.

The best version is Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 Enterprise Architect Edition which costs £1,503.

I'm not looking really for the whole suite; I've just started learning C++ and I'm on arrays now. I'm just using NotePad and MinGW.

But if you're looking for Microsoft C++ .NET the one included in Visual Studio .NET 2003 the way to find it is "Microsoft Visual C++ 7.1". Anyone have it?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    cd 1 when you get it workink is weard, i cant seem to insatll it. components etc.