Thread: just did fresh installation of winxp pro...need some help!

sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    Hi,

I just did fresh installation of winxp pro, but the graphics are all fuked up. The visuals are looking gay, I think its set to 4Bit or something and i cant even change that........

Does anyone know how can i fix this issue. I know i need to download video driver or something, but which one?

I dont have any cd or anything, otherwise it would have been piece of cake.

But now too bad, i have to search on internet to get the right video driver for my computer.

I have Intel motherboard, so i would need intel video driver, but i dunno what intel mother board i have......I mean model # n all.

Does anyone knw of a site or something where i can look? Its so hard to surf internet with these gay visuals....cant see or read shit.

I need help!

Specs:
    Winxp pro
    Intel
    hmmm wat else you need?
    Last edited by sameer0807; 10-24-2005 at 05:22 AM.

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Does your video card is onborad? is so you have two options:
    1) open your computer and look on the motherborad.
    2) Download sisoft sandra software, it might detect your board.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by miklosh
    Does your video card is onborad? is so you have two options:
    1) open your computer and look on the motherborad.
    2) Download sisoft sandra software, it might detect your board.
    Yes it is onboard....and thank you for your help. The Software is great. Just finished downloading the video driver for my pc.

cheers

Oh BTW one more problem.......I checked My Networks and i only see wireless connection, I dont see "My local network". How do i install that....again i dont have any cd.
    I dont want wireless connection on this computer, but i want to connect it via modem.

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by sameer0807
    Yes it is onboard....and thank you for your help. The Software is great. Just finished downloading the video driver for my pc.

cheers

Oh BTW one more problem.......I checked My Networks and i only see wireless connection, I dont see "My local network". How do i install that....again i dont have any cd.
    I dont want wireless connection on this computer, but i want to connect it via modem.

OK this problem has been solved too. You could ignore this.

Cheers

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    If your like me you still have a lot of tweaking to do .

I like this site to finetune my setup , a lot I remember but while not updated since Christ was a cowboy , It does offers some nice tips and tweaks . Use the menu on the left .

Xp tweaks and tips : http://www.tweakxp.com/

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    If your like me you still have a lot of tweaking to do .

I like this site to finetune my setup , a lot I remember but while not updated since Christ was a cowboy , It does offers some nice tips and tweaks . Use the menu on the left .

Xp tweaks and tips : http://www.tweakxp.com/
    thnx..will check it out.