Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help Save The World!

Originally posted by hobbes@17 April 2003 - 18:22
    3) Your doctors lied to you for 10 years. Sure, of course, they were just milking you for money. Laughing all the way, without a care. PPPPPP-paranoia.

Sure, you may have been misdiagnosed, but there is a chasm between overt neglect and failing to discover the nature of your ailment in a timely manner. My own Grandmother spent 2 years, traveling state to state, before finally getting a diagnosis. It never crossed anyones mind that we were being extorted or lied to, why do you feel this way?

4)You have $250,000 in medical bills, no credit, yet you paid off a $26,000-37,000 car. Most poor people ride the bus.

Hobbes, I need to stand in his defence on one issue:
    The bus...If you lived here, you'd understand that is not always a reliable option.

Beyond that, I did not know he owned an SUV.

Aren't they gas guzzlers?

Does that mean he supports the quick departure of fossil fuels?

Or does he just support the major corperations that sell them?

Longterm...Your comment??

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Originally posted by jay973@17 April 2003 - 03:59
    Thats just a bunch of tree-hugging hippy crap.
    Just let nature take its course.

B)
    Ok...You're a moron.

Its ok...The world needs morons too.

Who would watch infomercials without them?

I don't agree with anything he said in that post, but I support his right to say it and I understand the mindframe.

I understand your mindframe too.

You're an idiot. Thats not a word I use often so you should feel proud right now.

Is your neck getting sweaty right now?

Are you trying to think of something brilliant to top your last brilliant post?

I understand if a friend is reading this with you, that you may need to save face.

After all, I just called you a moron in front of him/her. You must feel pretty stupid right now but you don't want them to know it.

Better think of a good comeback quick.

Times running out. If you take too long you'll only prove my point.

Oh...And hippies do not hug trees.

Wiccans do.

Its a pagan ritual that a few hippies took part in because, (big surprise), they were wiccan.

You should start digging through your 'crap' before you flush from now on.

I think you've lost a few brain cells there.

No ill feelings.

If you're going to flame someone, at least put some genuine thought into it.

And if you flame, expect to be flamed back.

Turnabout is fair play.

Dude.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by ne1GotZardoz,19 April 2003 - 13:37
    Hobbes, I need to stand in his defence on one issue:
    The bus...If you lived here, you'd understand that is not always a reliable option.

Beyond that, I did not know he owned an SUV.

[/QUOTE]

Hell, buses suck, period. I know that.

My point was that only in America can someone declare themselves poor yet drive around in a car. A car is a luxury item if you think about the world in general. What percentage of the world population owns a car?

I in no way meant to imply that buses are practical, safe or sanitary
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    The whole scenario spins a little differently when we find out you are driving around with a poorly controlled seizure disorder.

It is clear that at some point, your seizures were poorly controlled. Now you seem to imply that they come around occasionally, but still occur. I don't think I want you driving on my highway.

The road to credibilty is paved with honesty.

My father is a doctor and I am all too familiar with his ER stories. I can see how your doctor might become callous and question your motives given the nonsense that goes on there. You have been declared guilty by association, which is a shame. Sorry.

He told me about an IV drug abuser with HIV, who was found unconcious in a stairwell. He regained conciousness 3 days later in his cozy hospital bed and immediately started buzzing the nurse. She rushed to the room, where he greeted he with a warm, "Where the f*ck is my lunch?"

I'm glad my tax dollars are going to support his meds and hospital care.

The bottom line is that you saw a bad doctor, he did not intentionally lie to you, very big difference.

I do appreciate your insurance situation. The old "pre-existing condition" clause.

I can now appreciate the origin of your "paranoid perspective". You have a condition which you did nothing to deserve (except being born), it interferes with your daily life, and it keeps you poor by blocking you from afforable insurance. That would really frustrate me too.

I would want to know how to get out of that trap. Keep positive.

(Reply cut short as my brain is dislocated from last nights festivities)

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    I am very glad for the responses I get. Like I said, I need a reality check, now and then.
    So. I did not DRIVE when the seizures were poorly controlled. I like life too much, and damn well know the risks. When I'm on my meds, they ARE perfectly controlled. Always. When I ran "out" of meds, due to low $, I didn't drive, usually for at LEAST 2 weeks after I'd restarted the meds, to make sure my blood was saturated properly.
    I didn't go around with my hand out the window flippin' off the world thinking, "Eff you! I'm wasting gas!" (It's been 2 years since this happened.) Not the flippin', the impounding!
    I was ecstatic to be in a vehicle that ran and wasn't rusted out. It was the single nicest thing I'd ever owned, and BY FAR the biggest asset. Ever.
    In fact, it was the only asset I've ever owned, before or since, based on the financial definition of asset. It wasn't constant either. If I add the times which I owned a vehicle, it would be about 3 1/2 years total, since I turned 16. The Explorer I had for about 1 year, but only drove it about 5 months, on and off. When I first got it, mostly, and about one week before I lost it.
    Otherwise, it's been the bus or subway, or here in Florida, shoes. B)

I do not think the doctors LIED to me. They simply didn't give any free advice.

If I see a man trip over his shoelaces, and then help him up, I don't let him go on his way if he hasn't stopped to tie his laces. What, I want to see him trip again? I can't open my mouth, or tie his shoes for him, if need be?
    I'm talking about decency. ONE exercise has CURED the shoulder. Free.

Anyway, understand this. I'm past that, or damned close to past that.

It (the post),was the first time in my life that I've ever tried to communicate the sheer frustration that goes along with realizing that so many years were wasted.
    I went to Los Angeles to do music when I was 21. Within 6 months, multiple seizures had laid me low to the point of selling all my musical equipment to maintain a roof. I did not get any equipment again until I was 30.
    By then, I'd been homeless 3 times, each time for a period of 6 to 8 months.
    No car. No family. No bank account. No credit. No college. No roof.
    However, also, no drugs, alcohol or smoking.
    Just the seizures, and the dislocations, and the lost jobs because I was calling in from the ER...again. Many jobs I held when I was homeless, but still could not afford both meds and rent.
    When bosses would sigh, and ask what they were supposed to do about my shifts, and how often will this keep happening, I naively told them to do what they had to do. It wasn't their fault, and I wasn't going to say, "You'd better hold my job or I'm suing for discrimination!"
    I felt that was rude.
    What did I do when I was homeless? Applied for work. Sometimes I WAS working! Volunteered at a park, where I taught many kids chess, in english and spanish, and also helped some parents learn english a bit better. Taught myself to read Korean, (took 4 hours) but haven't really used it in the last few years, so I've forgotten most of it. So. Here I am, 35.
    Over 75 different jobs.
    No insurance. No car. No credit. $250,000 (minimum) in debt. No college.
    IQ measured at various times to be 160, 162, and 158.
    Any physical proof, or seeming benefit of that, beyond unpublished compositions?
    Nope. But I've got a lot I've written.
    I'm actually overjoyed to be alive. Really. My original rant was just venting. My roommate's friend told her she didn't know how my roommate could live with me, because, according to the friend, "I'd be pissing my pants all the time laughing so hard. He's too funny."
    (No, not looks...wit&#33 B)
    I'm also an artist: writer and drummer---drumming is my forte.
    I'm about a studio level player, with no contacts yet.
    I'm still striving. I'm looking forward to the day when I can put MY name on a lease, somewhere, instead of always being the roommate. Better yet, a contract to buy. Best? Someone's CD. It'll happen. I perservere.

As for the military side of it? Army.
    I joined when I was 18. I did not have epilepsy. My first petit mal seizure came on the qualifying range, in basic, at Fort Jackson, S.C. and I did not know what it was, so I assumed it was nerves, or something, after all, it only lasted a second or two, and just involved a brief "tuning out". My first grand mal seizure did not come until I was 20. When I went to my superior officer and told him what was going in, I was checked out, then given an "Honorable Medical Discharge" due to seizures. By then I was 21. I've been denied any benefits, at all, of any type, since then. Totally.
    I don't qualify. ( I went into the Natl. Guard, so it's not the military, according to the office clerks I've been referred to and can't get past.)

As for flaming responses. Please. When I need a good laugh I'll watch Bush say things like, "We are after peace."
    A baboon can type in "treehugging hippy", eventually. (Of course, the same could be said for my posts&#33
    Can it wonder whether you'll have your civil liberties 15 years from now?
    Do you care about 15 years from now?
    What about 150 years from now?

I understand. The world is here now, as it is, and we are here now, as we are.
    Time marches on.
    I thought someone was supposed to be concerned about the future.
    I thought I was okay for being so.
    I guess I'm crazy.
    I guess I should readjust my focus so I can say,
    "Eff the rest. I'm looking out for me only."

Um. No. This would not be kind at all. After the hell I've gone through, and understand that all this crap I've typed is merely a drop in the bucket, compared to the unwritten events, after the hell I've gone through, you don't want me looking out for #1, and God help the rest.
    You flat out don't. It would be rude. Way rude. I'm not rude.
    So I'll continue trying to solve the issues on a macroscopic level.
    It keeps me socially concerned, if not socially accepted.

It's my best outlet for the injustice I see around me.

Remember:

If it looks like a dog, smells like a dog, acts like a dog, sounds like a dog, feels like a dog...it's a dog!

If it looks like a conspiracy, sounds like a conspiracy, has the elements involved which "defines" conspiracy, acts like a conspiracy...you're crazy!

Comments?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    One more thing. When I applied for disability, the response was
    "Mr. ......"

After reviewing your records it is our decision that, yes, you are disabled. However, you are not quite disabled enough. Please contact us if your situation changes. Your application is denied.

Signed, etc, etc

It was during this time that I volunteered at the park, because, by the guidelines, if I worked at all, I was not disabled. Never mind that my average stay at a job was a couple months, based on health issues.
    When I asked the lady at time of applying about $ and food, if I could not work, her response was,
    "That is not our problem, sir."
    At least she was polite.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Originally posted by longterm@20 April 2003 - 03:29
    I am very glad for the responses I get. Like I said, I need a reality check, now and then.
    So. I did not DRIVE when the seizures were poorly controlled. I like life too much, and damn well know the risks. When I'm on my meds, they ARE perfectly controlled. Always. When I ran "out" of meds, due to low $, I didn't drive, usually for at LEAST 2 weeks after I'd restarted the meds, to make sure my blood was saturated properly.
    I didn't go around with my hand out the window flippin' off the world thinking, "Eff you! I'm wasting gas!" (It's been 2 years since this happened.) Not the flippin', the impounding!
    I was ecstatic to be in a vehicle that ran and wasn't rusted out. It was the single nicest thing I'd ever owned, and BY FAR the biggest asset. Ever.
    In fact, it was the only asset I've ever owned, before or since, based on the financial definition of asset. It wasn't constant either. If I add the times which I owned a vehicle, it would be about 3 1/2 years total, since I turned 16. The Explorer I had for about 1 year, but only drove it about 5 months, on and off. When I first got it, mostly, and about one week before I lost it.
    Otherwise, it's been the bus or subway, or here in Florida, shoes. B)

I do not think the doctors LIED to me. They simply didn't give any free advice.

If I see a man trip over his shoelaces, and then help him up, I don't let him go on his way if he hasn't stopped to tie his laces. What, I want to see him trip again? I can't open my mouth, or tie his shoes for him, if need be?
    I'm talking about decency. ONE exercise has CURED the shoulder. Free.

Anyway, understand this. I'm past that, or damned close to past that.

It (the post),was the first time in my life that I've ever tried to communicate the sheer frustration that goes along with realizing that so many years were wasted.
    I went to Los Angeles to do music when I was 21. Within 6 months, multiple seizures had laid me low to the point of selling all my musical equipment to maintain a roof. I did not get any equipment again until I was 30.
    By then, I'd been homeless 3 times, each time for a period of 6 to 8 months.
    No car. No family. No bank account. No credit. No college. No roof.
    However, also, no drugs, alcohol or smoking.
    Just the seizures, and the dislocations, and the lost jobs because I was calling in from the ER...again. Many jobs I held when I was homeless, but still could not afford both meds and rent.
    When bosses would sigh, and ask what they were supposed to do about my shifts, and how often will this keep happening, I naively told them to do what they had to do. It wasn't their fault, and I wasn't going to say, "You'd better hold my job or I'm suing for discrimination!"
    I felt that was rude.
    What did I do when I was homeless? Applied for work. Sometimes I WAS working! Volunteered at a park, where I taught many kids chess, in english and spanish, and also helped some parents learn english a bit better. Taught myself to read Korean, (took 4 hours) but haven't really used it in the last few years, so I've forgotten most of it. So. Here I am, 35.
    Over 75 different jobs.
    No insurance. No car. No credit. $250,000 (minimum) in debt. No college.
    IQ measured at various times to be 160, 162, and 158.
    Any physical proof, or seeming benefit of that, beyond unpublished compositions?
    Nope. But I've got a lot I've written.
    I'm actually overjoyed to be alive. Really. My original rant was just venting. My roommate's friend told her she didn't know how my roommate could live with me, because, according to the friend, "I'd be pissing my pants all the time laughing so hard. He's too funny."
    (No, not looks...wit&#33 B)
    I'm also an artist: writer and drummer---drumming is my forte.
    I'm about a studio level player, with no contacts yet.
    I'm still striving. I'm looking forward to the day when I can put MY name on a lease, somewhere, instead of always being the roommate. Better yet, a contract to buy. Best? Someone's CD. It'll happen. I perservere.

As for the military side of it? Army.
    I joined when I was 18. I did not have epilepsy. My first petit mal seizure came on the qualifying range, in basic, at Fort Jackson, S.C. and I did not know what it was, so I assumed it was nerves, or something, after all, it only lasted a second or two, and just involved a brief "tuning out". My first grand mal seizure did not come until I was 20. When I went to my superior officer and told him what was going in, I was checked out, then given an "Honorable Medical Discharge" due to seizures. By then I was 21. I've been denied any benefits, at all, of any type, since then. Totally.
    I don't qualify. ( I went into the Natl. Guard, so it's not the military, according to the office clerks I've been referred to and can't get past.)

As for flaming responses. Please. When I need a good laugh I'll watch Bush say things like, "We are after peace."
    A baboon can type in "treehugging hippy", eventually. (Of course, the same could be said for my posts&#33
    Can it wonder whether you'll have your civil liberties 15 years from now?
    Do you care about 15 years from now?
    What about 150 years from now?

I understand. The world is here now, as it is, and we are here now, as we are.
    Time marches on.
    I thought someone was supposed to be concerned about the future.
    I thought I was okay for being so.
    I guess I'm crazy.
    I guess I should readjust my focus so I can say,
    "Eff the rest. I'm looking out for me only."

Um. No. This would not be kind at all. After the hell I've gone through, and understand that all this crap I've typed is merely a drop in the bucket, compared to the unwritten events, after the hell I've gone through, you don't want me looking out for #1, and God help the rest.
    You flat out don't. It would be rude. Way rude. I'm not rude.
    So I'll continue trying to solve the issues on a macroscopic level.
    It keeps me socially concerned, if not socially accepted.

It's my best outlet for the injustice I see around me.

Remember:

If it looks like a dog, smells like a dog, acts like a dog, sounds like a dog, feels like a dog...it's a dog!

If it looks like a conspiracy, sounds like a conspiracy, has the elements involved which "defines" conspiracy, acts like a conspiracy...you're crazy!

Comments?
    Well...If you want to be technical...Just about everything that occurs on this planet by will through co-operation is a conspiracy.

The fact that we call it a dog, is a conspiracy.

The only real question then, is just how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Will you take the red pill, or the blue pill.

Your assumption is that the conspiracy is designed to the detriment of freedom.

That may or may not be true, but where is the proof?

Sure its a conspiracy, but what cause is there to be alarmed that its against us?

Peace

(and I went against my decision not to post anything more in this set of forums. The lounge just isn't very interesting at all)

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Originally posted by longterm@20 April 2003 - 03:51
    One more thing. When I applied for disability, the response was
    "Mr. ......"

After reviewing your records it is our decision that, yes, you are disabled. However, you are not quite disabled enough. Please contact us if your situation changes. Your application is denied.

Signed, etc, etc

It was during this time that I volunteered at the park, because, by the guidelines, if I worked at all, I was not disabled. Never mind that my average stay at a job was a couple months, based on health issues.
    When I asked the lady at time of applying about $ and food, if I could not work, her response was,
    "That is not our problem, sir."
    At least she was polite.
    Would your doctor not support a higher level of disability?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Ok now, back to the topic.

If we are to save the world, we must define exactly what "saving " means.

Is it democracy for all, food for all, freedom of religion, babes in bikinis, chicks on trampolines, buy one, get one free?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Poster
    Originally posted by hobbes@20 April 2003 - 18:56
    Ok now, back to the topic.

If we are to save the world, we must define exactly what "saving " means.

Is it democracy for all, food for all, freedom of religion, babes in bikinis, chicks on trampolines, buy one, get one free?
    wishful thinking my man.
    the world doesnt need saving humans do.
    they only way to really achieve peace will be to kill every human on the face of the earth only then will true order be restored

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast