Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Help Save The World!

Hey Z,

I just watched "A Scary Movie" the "I know what you did last summer" spoof. Am I off the hook.

"Old School" with Will Ferrell is downloading now.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    super troopers!

actually only seen the first ten minutes so far, but its hilarious!

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Longterm-
    You have earned my compassion and respect; I know how debilitating epilepsy is ( I worked with MANY epileptics in a therapeutic setting years ago); it seems some Doctors considered the problems "solved" with the advent of Tegretol, etc. So sad.
    I also empathize with your plight in a different way-I suffered a skull-fracture years ago that had the effect of negating a significant portion of my I.Q., I have some difficulties I won't bother to describe-suffice it to say number-crunching, while by no means impossible, is MUCH more taxing then it should be.
    Anyway, I'm still left with the urge to tell you to attack things in a more plodding manner-you remind me at times of the "Roadrunner" or "Speedy Gonzalez"; one look, and you're gone.
    Give it another try, but remember-SLOW DOWN!!!
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    Well, I have got the ULTIMATE in irony. Yes, it is, and no you don't have it, because I do. (sticks tongue out while saying, "Nyahh, Nyahh.")
    I went to work Easter Sunday, the day after I'd typed my last response, and guess what happened?
    I had a full-blown, grand mal seizure, which dislocated both shoulders and fractured the left one!
    My head matches Gorbachev's with my new carpet-burn scab!
    After 7 hours at the hospital I was finally given pain-killers, and so was able to laugh about the beautiful irony of what I'd written and the events that occurred.

Ah, yes, the original thread!

My point is simply that I'm sick and tired of being on what seems to be the outside of the benefits offered to some, and I'm sick of the lying that would only fool a public long misled and kept on a short leash of fear.

Do you really think Bush has been honest?

If you do...I've got a bridge over here I'd like to sell...

Anyhoo...I've appreciated all the comments so far...and hope to read some more...fractured shoulder and all!

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    When I was a young man of twenty, I thought I was a conservative.

I spouted the rhetoric "Why should my hard earned money go to support all those people on Welfare, who sit around and do nothing but buy cigarettes with my money."

My roomate said, "Would like to keep your life or go on welfare and do nothing?"

Well, obviously a life on welfare is not the life of Reilly(sp), so I guess I'll keep mine.

He then asked me whether I would prefer a system of welfare which was somewhat lax that allowed some who did not deserve aide to take advantage of the system or one which was so tight as to prevent exploitation, that certain truly needy people were excluded.

This would apply to disability as well.

How many ER visits have you logged? How many jobs have you lost related to this?

My sympathies that you somehow fall through the cracks, because your case is the very reason why we have these type of support programs in the society.

Seems we have the perfect sytem, both exploited by the undeserving and unavailable to the needy.

5 minute post home from lunch, just want to say "hope your feeling better", the rest may all be garbage, don't have time to edit.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    Originally posted by hobbes@23 April 2003 - 14:08

How many ER visits have you logged? How many jobs have you lost related to this?

Seems we have the perfect sytem, both exploited by the undeserving and unavailable to the needy.

75 ER visits. apprx.
    75 jobs, minimum. ( I arrived at 75...3 or 4 years ago...I'm way over that now.)

Most expensive ER visit? About $33,000 for shoulder surgery @ UCLA Harbor.
    Best paying job? About $20,000, one year, about 15 years ago.

Average ER visit? Between $4000 and $6000.
    Average job? Between $3000 and $7000.

I'll figure something out...I don't know what, though.
    Right now it's too time consuming to type this with one hand.
    I'm taking a break from this forum for a few days or a week.

I thank those who were kind enough to reply to my stuff, and I promise, I'll try and be more positive in the future...but it's not always easy, and even when it is easy, it barely seems worth it.
    And that's all I'm asking for.
    I just want it to be worth it.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Rest up and heal well, friend-we'll wait.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234