Thread: Start Menu? Change Background Color?

orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    How would I go about changing the background color of the Start Menu, and right click menu?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    dunno but that would be sweet tho

:::BUMPZ:::

Powered By Firefox and Ganja.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    See what you mean I thought mabye Tuneup Utilities might work but no dice . But while browsing XP tips found this for the right click menu .

http://www.stardock.com/products/rightclick/

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    you can get style xp or the uxtheme.dll patch and you can use styles, which will change the whole look of your desktop. There are some really awesome styles out there.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    Quote Originally Posted by orcutt989
    How would I go about changing the background color of the Start Menu, and right click menu?
    The actual StartMenu is not a system color and is comprised of alittle more than five total bitmaps. The "background" of the startmenu itself, which you may be referring to, is three seperate bitmaps. Unfortunately, you could not alter those specific .bmp files, unless you knew alittle something about .msstyle files. The easiest way to even begin to go about doing this would be to use TGT Soft's "StyleBuilder". After installing, you would see to what I am referring to.

Now, the "right-click" menu is a different story entirely. That is a system color and can be changed in the Display Properties applet under the "appearances" tab. Click "advanced" and select "menu" in the drop-down box. Though, you can also just as easy, utilize StyleBuilder for this feat as well.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by backlash
    you can get style xp or the uxtheme.dll patch and you can use styles, which will change the whole look of your desktop. There are some really awesome styles out there.
    true, my visual style has a cool blue on my start menu but I tihnk he wants custom colours on the start menu.