Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Call of Duty 2

BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    thier is no game that can compare to COD2(offcorse WWII category).
    it runs on my pc like charm, 1.8PIV 870Mb ram on 1024X768.
    and some say BIA is great.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

2. Games   -   #32
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo
    Is it worth buying? Yes.

There are so many people dissing this game for some reason, I guess b/c it isn't exactly like UO? UO uses a graphics engine that's around 6 years old now. Why would you want a game that looks like that again? What would be the point in a new game? Remember, this isn't an expansion pack, it's a new game!

The graphics in this game are simply amazing. They'll render you speechless. Even the remakes of some of the original maps are very nice such as Brecourt. Dawnville (now called St. Mere Eglise) has been redone almost to the point that it's a different map, but again, the graphics are AMAZING in this map.

Some other things that you'll notice as someone else stated, are a few new weapons. The "Grease Gun", which I like, and the "Trench Gun" (which has ALREADY become the new n00b gun). The recoil has been reduced it seems as well. All of this stuff will just take a bit of getting used to. I remember when I upgraded to UO, I hated the sprint function, now I can't live without it.

Now the downside in my opinion isn't as much with the game, but it's creators. Expansion packs are a way to ad to the game, certain features that can't quite be added with a patch. They are improvements and features which they have decide to add based on public feedback and internal ideas. My gripe is that they have decided not to include the sprint function OR allow players to cook nades. If you all remember, this was an addition in the UO pack in the original CoD. The ONLY reason they have decided not to include it in this version is b/c they KNOW that if they release those features in an expansion, then the expansion sales will be just as high as the game sales. Mark my words, the expansion pack for CoD2 will include sprint and nade cooking.

I think they have left out too many options though! From looking at UO, this is where we stand on things left out:

No ranking system
    No multiplayer arty
    No satchels
    No panzershreks/panzerfauts/bazookas
    No sprint
    No nade cooking
    No vehicles

The combination of all these things being taken out ofthe game, takes the life out of the game imo. And the fact that I can't cycle my nades and smoke together with my weapons is stupid as well. When in battle, who wants to look down to hunt for the "G" button to throw a nade?

Also, there are very few game types. Ive been playing TDM and S&D because I think the new HQ is stupid. I simply won't waste my time with it.

Anyhow, that's just my 2¢
    It's for these very reasons I'm not even gonna bother downloading it, let alone buy it. It doesn't deserve even the time IMO.

One of the best things about UO is the fact you can use the scroll wheel to switch weapons. Taking this, and many other important things out (artillery, satchels, nade cooking) is just pure stupidity.

I'm passing until either they release a patch, or go to hell. Whichever comes first.

3. Games   -   #33
    Guyver's Avatar FORUM STONER
    Quote Originally Posted by mike45450
    Wow...DirectX 9 or 7 mode?
    yeh i was suprised to lol, im using dx9 mode, and when i tryed dx9 mode on the demo my pc crashed lol, now it werks perfect, heres a screen, man this game is beautiful! lolz

Smith is a bag of douche,FACT.

4. Games   -   #34
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai
    It's for these very reasons I'm not even gonna bother downloading it, let alone buy it. It doesn't deserve even the time IMO.

One of the best things about UO is the fact you can use the scroll wheel to switch weapons. Taking this, and many other important things out (artillery, satchels, nade cooking) is just pure stupidity.

I'm passing until either they release a patch, or go to hell. Whichever comes first.
    You should play it for the single player at least, I just really hate the multiplayer, and no playworthy multiplayer in CoD really tuins the game as a whole. Definitrly not a good followup.

yo

5. Games   -   #35
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    I really only buy these games FOR the multiplayer. By eliminating all of the features that made this game great they've shot themselves in the foot. It must really say something to not even want to download it doesn't it?

I wonder what the sales are like, and how many get returned

6. Games   -   #36
    Guyver's Avatar FORUM STONER
    I really only buy these games FOR the multiplayer. By eliminating all of the features that made this game great they've shot themselves in the foot. It must really say something to not even want to download it doesn't it?

I wonder what the sales are like, and how many get returned
    none will get retrurned its a gr8 ggame

Smith is a bag of douche,FACT.

7. Games   -   #37
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    I really only buy these games FOR the multiplayer.
    Yea same here. It has to be GOOD multiplayer tho. Like CS:S, BF2, or DOD:S.

8. Games   -   #38
    Call.of.Duty.2.PRiVATE.SERVER.PATCH-iND

9. Games   -   #39
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    i'm having this problem. the game would load, and then, after i move my mouse, everything turns black. all the textures turn black. and if i try restarting the game, everything is black. wtf?? this just started happening too. it worked fine a few days ago

10. Games   -   #40
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by abu_has_the_power
    i'm having this problem. the game would load, and then, after i move my mouse, everything turns black. all the textures turn black. and if i try restarting the game, everything is black. wtf?? this just started happening too. it worked fine a few days ago
    Did you buy it or download it?

yo

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast