Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Energy saving

keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    Being a bit of a country bumpkin I could'nt help noticing while on a course in Birmingham the amount of office blocks that were fully lit at night while seeming to be totally empty, I think its about time some law was passed forcing buildings to make use of sensors that switch on the lights when someone enters the room like in newly designed buildings, surely the initial outlay will be compensated in the long run and drastically reduce energy bills for companies. just seems odd that energy companies give advice to the public that might make a minute difference to power use when thier head office is lit up like a Christmas tree with two security guards in.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    good point. i know at some call centres they have stickers saying "swith off monitor when not in use" but it ain't enough

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    Great minds think alike thats why we both play BF2

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    DorisInsinuate's Avatar Four Star Cynic
    I don't see why they can't just have light switches, and the last one out should turn them off like normal people.

Also if they turn the lights off at night we'll be able to look up at the stars as we had all those years ago, unless you live in England where it's always cloudy

Only the crumbliest, flakiest chocolate, tastes like chocolate never tasted before
    It's hot in Topeka.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    Same with over night computers, and standby television sets. Combined they eat a crap load of power.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    If everyone starts being fuel efficient prices will rise because of reduced demand. profits must be maintained.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    It was on Breakfast Time this morning, if you leave a mobile phone charger plugged in all the time, even without plugging the phone into it, it could be adding as much as &#163;25 a year to your electricity bill.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    If everyone starts being fuel efficient prices will rise because of reduced demand. profits must be maintained.

i don't think that's how it works

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    i don't think that's how it works
    Don't you remember the energy utilities citing that as one of the reasons for price rises after the quite successful "Save it" campaign in the UK?. I was living in the UK at the time. Mind you I think that may have been before privatisation and was possibly more about losses than profit.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    that'll have been in the happy days before i gave a shit about politics. privatisation sucks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast