Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Opera NZB Problem

  1. #1
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,532
    A few sites I go to, offering NZB's (including FST), only download as .xml instead of NZB. Apparently this problem is really common with Opera / FF users but it seems there is no fix ofr it. It's really annoying me now.

    I've already put in a new MIME type in Opera, i.e application/octet-stream for NZB's but it's no use. I can't remove XML from the list as it's embedded in Opera's settings.

    Does anyone know a fix for this, as the only thing I can do right now is to copy/paste URL's and download them in IE

    Frustrated Sam

  2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,532
    Anyone?

  3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    are you saying that you can only get xml's on this site with opera? cause i'm having no problem on this site with opera.

    the only site i get xml's all the time is binsearch.info

    the only fix i use is to rename them to nzb.

  4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,532
    That's correct. It's not just this site but others which offer NZB's as they are. NZB Zone seems to work fine, but I believe this is due to the way the admin on their site have coded the scripts. I believe they're zipped up automatically (GZIP) or something but I don't have a problem with them.

    As for changing the extension, it's all well and good doing it the first two or three times, but I can't be expected to do this forever, and would like to know what I'm missing.

    If you're seriously having no problems, I'm contemplating reinstallation to see if that fixes it, but obv that is a last resort.

  5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    no probs w/Opera 8.5 whatsoever except for binsearch.info

    good luck man

  6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Poster
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai
    I've already put in a new MIME type in Opera, i.e application/octet-stream for NZB's but it's no use. I can't remove XML from the list as it's embedded in Opera's settings.

    In the file extensions for text/xml add nzb, so it says xml,nzb
    I've only tried it on http://binsearch.net/, works fine for me.
    Last edited by callum; 10-30-2005 at 09:37 PM.

  7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by callum
    In the file extensions for text/xml add nzb, so it says xml,nzb
    I've only tried it on http://binsearch.net/, works fine for me.
    that solves my problem, thx a lot.

  8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,532
    yup well i did the above too and didn't solve my problem

  9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Poster
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,357
    removing xml from the file extentions for text/xml might work.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •