Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Curse of the Second Term

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    I'm sure Bush felt the same way and used WMD to make you feel there was icing on the yellow cake......and 2000+ dead soldiers later.................
    Sure sounds as if you want to "like" him.

No comment on the candidates, huh?
    Not really. I like McCain ok. Kerry was ok.

Irregardless to Bush, I look at each issue that crosses separately and the war is one of them. I do want to like my President. That's CaptainObvious but Bush is like the retarded kid that you want to finally do something intelligent. When he does, you just want to jump for joy!!
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    Oh my God.

You are liberal.

No getting around that now.

BTW-

McCain is not a Republican.

I've heard some up-close and personal info on him that would turn even your stomach.

Hillary?

I can't believe it.
    Well hell I liked Alan Keyes 'till I heard him speak on a 2 specific occasions and he turned out to be a smart idiot.

We all can't believe you like Bush. It defies logic since you seem to be smart. He's also definitely not a Republican. He doesn't even embody Republican ideals I like. As I said, these years stink compared to the Clinton years.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Oh my God.

You are liberal.

No getting around that now.
    put me in whichever class you wish, it doesn't bother me one bit.
    BTW-

McCain is not a Republican.
    I'm pretty sure he is ...perhaps you mean he isn't right wing enough for you....but then you spent a fair time trying to tell us that you are not a republican but instead a conservative... are you now gluing what you made separate? He is a moderate and a free thinker, not just a drone that does the boding of pat Robinson and Jerry Falwell

I've heard some up-close and personal info on him that would turn even your stomach.

Was this during the rove led smear campaign ?

does McCain get held to different standards? seems to me you are unable to judge Libby until the jury convicts, Ken Mehlman gets a pass...etc. etc. why does McCain get the presumption of guilt?

Hillary?

I can't believe it.
    Why?
    Last edited by vidcc; 11-02-2005 at 02:40 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    We all can't believe you like Bush. It defies logic since you seem to be smart. He's also definitely not a Republican. He doesn't even embody Republican ideals I like. As I said, these years stink compared to the Clinton years.
    Everything is relative.

I prefer Bush to Kerry.

Do I like Bush?

I wouldn't say so, but I can't remember liking anyone since Reagan.

I don't see any Democrats I like.

Am I supposed to, to prove I'm fair-minded?

BTW-

Give Clinton or Gore or Kerry the slate Bush has had to deal with and get back to me.

Clinton got a free ride.

Vid-

I'll send a PM about McCain when I get a chance.

It's not what you think, believe me.

Have to run now.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Everything is relative.

I prefer Bush to Kerry.

Do I like Bush?

I wouldn't say so, but I can't remember liking anyone since Reagan.

I don't see any Democrats I like.

Am I supposed to, to prove I'm fair-minded?

BTW-

Give Clinton or Gore or Kerry the slate Bush has had to deal with and get back to me.

Clinton got a free ride.
    Bush put numerous pot holes in a road he had to travel.

Nuff said.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    ... but I can't remember liking anyone since Reagan.
    Why?
    Because he was a world-class napper or because he racked up the largest peacetime deficits in history (well, until Bush Jr. hit the stage...)?

Boy, that would be fun, wouldn't it?
    Except Bush has refused to deal with the "slate he was dealt" and instead pursued an agenda divorced from reality.Yes, I mean Iraq.

Clinton got a free ride.
    From whom?
    Certainly not the Republicans who hounded him for eight straight years with frivolous investigations.
    BTW, about the legal system you are so "comfortable" entrusting Libby to...
    Clinton was never convicted of anything, yet you constantly imply that he was guilty. Where is the "innocent till proven guilty" sentiment there?
    Or does that only apply to Conservatives?

Vid-

Have to run now.
    Oh come on, share with the class.
    Last edited by clocker; 11-02-2005 at 10:41 PM.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker
    ... but I can't remember liking anyone since Reagan.
    Why?
    Because he was a world-class napper or because he racked up the largest peacetime deficits in history (well, until Bush Jr. hit the stage...)?

You forget he spent that cash in aid of defeating Soviet communism.

Bush is willing to spend to defeat terrorism.

I deem both endeavors worth-while.

That you don't is, of course, your prerogative.

Boy, that would be fun, wouldn't it?
    Except Bush has refused to deal with the "slate he was dealt" and instead pursued an agenda divorced from reality.Yes, I mean Iraq.

Yes you do, and no, I don't.

I'm talking about 9/11 and a nice batch of hurricanes, but I'm sure you knew that, didn't you?

Clinton got a free ride.
    From whom?

From Mother Nature, and from Bin Laden-don't bother bringing up the Cole, etc., 'cuz he didn't exactly deal with any of that, did he?

Certainly not the Republicans who hounded him for eight straight years with frivolous investigations.
    BTW, about the legal system you are so "comfortable" entrusting Libby to...
    Clinton was never convicted of anything,

No need to convict him; he confessed.

yet you constantly imply that he was guilty. Where is the "innocent till proven guilty" sentiment there?

As I said, he confessed his guilt, and it follows (logically) that he was not innocent.

Right?

Or does that only apply to Conservatives?

Vid-

Have to run now.
    When I send vid his PM, you'll get one too.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker
    When I send vid his PM, you'll get one too.
    Should I take you off my ignore list then

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    You forget he spent that cash in aid of defeating Soviet communism.

Bush is willing to spend to defeat terrorism.

I deem both endeavors worth-while.

That you don't is, of course, your prerogative.

You've got to be kidding me.

Where's this money going to fight terrorism? I knew you were conservative but this takes the cake as far as sticking up for one's party.
    Spending to increase security is one thing. "Fighting them over there so we don't have to fight them over here" by attracting Iraqi's and outsiders to Iraq to kill 2000+ of our soldiers is fucking dimwitted and anyone who believes so is also dimwitted.

Meanwhile our own borders are still porous and airport security still sucks ass. I also work in sensitive areas and I honestly don't know where 9/11 did a whole lot in certain areas to wake-up Bush (I won't get into what). Private industry has stepped their security though. In some instances I must go through more shit to do my job in a multi-tenant building than a government one.

Nice going with that spending doohicky.

Yes you do, and no, I don't.

I'm talking about 9/11 and a nice batch of hurricanes, but I'm sure you knew that, didn't you?
    9/11...agreed. Measures to step up like airport security and immigration are still fucked. Afghanistan was understandable. He was fucked before the hurricanes...that just happened ffs. He handled Katrina shittily.

Clinton got a free ride.

From Mother Nature, and from Bin Laden-don't bother bringing up the Cole, etc., 'cuz he didn't exactly deal with any of that, did he?
    No he didn't. I could poll everyone here and most will agree that Clinton, during these years, would have been a better decision maker by a landslide.

I think you even know that.
    No need to convict him; he confessed.
    As I said, he confessed his guilt, and it follows (logically) that he was not innocent.

Right?
    Yes and no. You harp on the legal system as if we what we personally believe is not enough.

Clinton may have confessed but was he convicted?
    Last edited by Busyman; 11-03-2005 at 04:19 PM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    Clinton may have confessed but was he convicted?
    Another one for the time capsule.

Ranks in the top five of the most inane sentences I've ever read, any place, anytime.

-Mark Twain

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast