Thread: DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D ATX AMD Motherboard

Does anyone have one? Since the gigabyte mobo has run out of stock, I was looking into this one. I read that setting it up was a hassle. You are only suppose to stick one stick of ram to boot it up and nothing is auto detected you have to manually set the settings yourself.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul814
    Does anyone have one? Since the gigabyte mobo has run out of stock, I was looking into this one. I read that setting it up was a hassle. You are only suppose to stick one stick of ram to boot it up and nothing is auto detected you have to manually set the settings yourself.
    I did not find this to be true.
    My install(s) have proceeded quite normally.

It is true that the BIOS options can be bewildering, but the control/options over voltage and RAM timings are what makes the board so desirable.

DFI has the most extensive support forum extant...http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/...any questions you have can be answered there.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    yes i know, i been reading up there, cant i just use optimized settings and leave it default?

I was reading their instructions of setting it up and what i normally do and its so differnet, what i do is i stick everything on to the mobo put it onto the case plug in all the wires boot up, i dont even bother going into bios or anything, then i put in my boot up floppies and install windows xp lol, seems to work for me for the past 5 computers i made

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul814
    yes i know, i been reading up there, cant i just use optimized settings and leave it default?
    Yes, of course you can, but why would you?
    That would be like never shifting your Ferarri out of first gear.

I was reading their instructions of setting it up and what i normally do and its so differnet, what i do is i stick everything on to the mobo put it onto the case plug in all the wires boot up, i dont even bother going into bios or anything, then i put in my boot up floppies and install windows xp lol, seems to work for me for the past 5 computers i made
    "Boot up floppies"? All 500 of 'em?
    You've been fortunate so far, but this cavalier initial build procedure will bite you in the ass eventually.
    It might seem like unnecessary extra work, but POSTing outside the box can save a whole lot of time when things get weird.
    Which they will, sooner or later.
    2 characters

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    lol, naw only 6 cause i dont have a boot cd =) was trying to make one just a while ago but my friend never sent me a file which is contained in the windows xp boot cd so i couldnt finish it, lol well i prefer getting things done quick and working initiailly and then tweaking it later =) thats y i want to know if i can just get it working quickly cause my friends coming over to help out so i want to get it done all installed n everything in 3 hrs and when i have time later i will tweak it myself

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Then yes, it's not a problem to just leave it stock and optimize it later.

When tweak time comes, start with a BIOS flash and go from there.
    Oskar Wu ( the head DFI designer) has produced a seemingly neverending stream of BIOSs to deal with issues and new CPU releases (he had a new BIOS revision for the dual core AMDs available before Newegg had the chips in stock...now that's service!).
    Pay attention carefully to the version you get as they are memory chip specific (i.e. TCCD based RAM has a different BIOS than UTT, etc.).

It seems more daunting than it really is and the payoff is amazing performance and a deeper understanding of how your PC works (or not).

Bon apetit.