Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Getting My Teeth Pulled.

JunkBarMan's Avatar Milk Sucks,Got Beer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Adster
    my mother is gettign 3 teeth pulled out it was $350 for the check up

to get 3 teeth out it is going to fucking cost $8000!

WOW, wouldn't it be cheaper to fly to another country and get it done there? I mean, with a little research you prolly could save yourself a few $1000.
    Today is the day.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Quote Originally Posted by JunkBarMan
    Just got back. Well, I got back about 3 hours ago, but I just wokeup. Ok, they put the IV in my right arm, hooked up the meds, doc looked at me and said you should be feeling this right about now, and that was the last thing I remember.

Two cute nurses helped me walk to the recovery room. Where I proceded to cry. WTF?!?! I didn't cry at my grandfather's funeral, but why the hell now? I feel like I'm about 10 years old at this point.

Now that I am more aware and awake, I have a small memory of one of my teeth getting pulled. It's really fussy and probably just some drug induced dream, but it's still weird.

My front lip and tip of my tongue are still numb, something to do with the nerve that the wisdom tooth was touching. Doc said this is normal and should come back shortly.

Only complaint, other then crying like a kid :shrug: , is the damn drugstore and their slow ass. Took them over an hour to fill my script and by that time my meds were wearing off. This was about an hour ago and now I took twice the dose and feel nothing and am quite happy. Wow for a minute there it was horrible pain, but overall this wasn't as bad as I had thought it would be.
    Glad to hear that you made it through ok.

Did you ask for your teeth that they extracted? With the money that it cost me to have that done I sure as hell wanted my teeth. I don’t know what the hell I’m going to do with them but I just wanted them.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    i kept mine, and i kept the staples they put in when I split my head open

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo
    split my head open
    Cracked a bad joke at lilmiss?

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    no no, just fighting one night

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

6. Lounge   -   #36
    I was talking to my wife about saving my teeth on the ride there, and then by the time it came down to it, I was so nervous it just slipped my mind. I would have liked to see what those buggers looked like, my top ones were in bad shape.

After all's said and done this whole procedure will have cost me $319 U.S. And that's only because I chose to have the IV, it was an extra 275. Damn, I think I am in the wrong line of work.
    Today is the day.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    I know what you mean. I’m a very nervous person already and something like that gets me all wound up, so much so that I asked for a Valium to help me to relax the night before and one for the morning of. By the time that I got there and they got me on the nitrous I was pretty much out of it. After staying in recovery for a while I still couldn’t walk to the car, so someone had to literally carry me to the car and put me in. I don’t remember anything after getting to the dentist’s office it was great.

I wouldn’t complain about the 300 bucks they charged you because it cost me almost two grand to have mine taken out.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    Quote Originally Posted by JunkBarMan
    Just got back. Well, I got back about 3 hours ago, but I just wokeup. Ok, they put the IV in my right arm, hooked up the meds, doc looked at me and said you should be feeling this right about now, and that was the last thing I remember.

Two cute nurses helped me walk to the recovery room. Where I proceded to cry. WTF?!?! I didn't cry at my grandfather's funeral, but why the hell now? I feel like I'm about 10 years old at this point.

Now that I am more aware and awake, I have a small memory of one of my teeth getting pulled. It's really fussy and probably just some drug induced dream, but it's still weird.

My front lip and tip of my tongue are still numb, something to do with the nerve that the wisdom tooth was touching. Doc said this is normal and should come back shortly.

Only complaint, other then crying like a kid :shrug: , is the damn drugstore and their slow ass. Took them over an hour to fill my script and by that time my meds were wearing off. This was about an hour ago and now I took twice the dose and feel nothing and am quite happy. Wow for a minute there it was horrible pain, but overall this wasn't as bad as I had thought it would be.
    Did they hook you up to the machine that goes bleep.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    No way am I complaining about the money man, I was just saying it pays to be in the business. 300 bucks is 300 bucks, but damn, 2000 is alot.

I complain a lot, but the money I saved was great. And, there's still a chance it could be less. According to my records I have only a 10% co-pay, but the orthodontist says its 20% according to the website or whatever he checked. I will just wait and see when they submit it to the insurance company and see what they say. Anything they overcharged me for comes back to me.

My family was telling me to I should have asked for the valium too, but I had no clue you just asked doctors for things like that.

Yeah, I had the heart monitor thing on my finger, blood pressure thing on my right arm, and three of those pads with wires connected to them, on different spots on my chest. Two on the chest and one on the belly, not sure why it was on my belly.
    Today is the day.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234