Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Getting My Teeth Pulled.

JunkBarMan's Avatar Milk Sucks,Got Beer?
    Tomorrow 10:30 am est.

4 "Wisdom" teeth, as the dentist tells me they are called. Seems a bit dumb to go through with this, but my dentist says they are crowding my mouth. Thought it was ok to me.

About the only benefit I can see coming from this is the amount of pain killers I will legally be allowed to ingest.
    Today is the day.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    I;ve had 8 teeth out at once, then another four. The gas is great fun, sitting there high whilst you hear your teeth cracking as they get yanked out, with the dentist practically putting his foot on your head to get leverage. The six injections I got each time were nasty though, four in the gums, one under the tongue, and the worst in the roof of the mouth, it scraped right across the flesh before going in. Noice

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo
    I;ve had 8 teeth out at once, then another four. The gas is great fun, sitting there high whilst you hear your teeth cracking as they get yanked out, with the dentist practically putting his foot on your head to get leverage. The six injections I got each time were nasty though, four in the gums, one under the tongue, and the worst in the roof of the mouth, it scraped right across the flesh before going in. Noice

Good Luck JunkBarMan

Anyone got any more horror stories...?

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Horror stories? It's all true! I was only about 9 or 10 at the time too! I forgot to mention the amount of blood, and the fact that they tell you to swallow it, and drink warm salty water, and sent me off home with blood still pissing out my mouth. When I was walking home, everyone was asking if I was okay cause I must have looked like i'd been done in

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    That's the sort of thing...

My dad had some teeth out once, and one of them splintered while it was still in his gum, the dentist spent about 4 hours painstakingly removing all the fragments of tooth. Meanwhile, the painkillers wore off and he was in excrutiating pain for at least half of it.
    Last edited by Barbarossa; 10-31-2005 at 02:24 PM.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Not at all the results I expected, lol.
    Today is the day.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Dentists are gits who are only after your money.

When I'd just finished university, obviously, I was skint. I went to the dentist with toothache, as you do, and he decided that I needed root canal surgery.

The bill was going to be 'somewhere around £500-600'.

Luckily I didn't have the cash on me () so he decided to make the appt for 3 months time. I was thinking of getting a loan but in the meantime the pain got worse so I went to the Doctors for painkillers, she perscribed me some antibiotics and the pain went away - years later, it still hasn't returned.

Needless to say I didn't bother with the totally unneeded, painful and expensive root canal surgery and changed dentists. The one I have now is probably also a complete git
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Dentists are gits who are only after your money.
    Or sadists.

Or both.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    No injections for me, IV in my arm.

I am one of the "lucky" Americans with good health insurance, so this procedure is covered almost completely.

I agree, dentists are only after the money. When I went in for my checkup, seemed like the guy was mostly pushing his teeth whitening system on me.

You could be like this too!
    Today is the day.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Last time i was at the orthodontist they were checking to see where my wisdom teeth are so they could have someone pull them.
    It turns out they're coming in just fine and probably wont need pulling. BUt the thing is i have a second set of wisdom teeth behind the first ones that will need to come out.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast