Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Games that revolutionized games

Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    Hl2,Quake,Balders gate.

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

2. Games   -   #22
    E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial (for Atari 2600)

Superman (for Nintendo64)

Mary-Kate & Ashley's Magical Mystery Mall (for Sony Playstation)

Pokemon Chartreuse (for A Young Child Who Has Still Not Managed To Catch 'Em All)

Upcoming Game Based On A Shitty Action Movie (for Gullible Customer)

A Sequel To A Popular Game (for A Sequel To A Popular Console)

Final Fantasy XXVIII (for A Disc That Can Hold 5000 Hours Of CGI Cut-Scenes)

3. Games   -   #23
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Mario was first video game I ever played so that revolutionized for me.

Duke Nukem was first game to have slopes so that's pretty revolutionary in terms of all games.

4. Games   -   #24
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBeerMan
    Tekken 2
    Personally I don't like fighters. They get boring very quickly for me. The only fighter I played for more than 20 mins would be DragonBallZ Budukai 2, I think. Tekken 5 was also boring.

5. Games   -   #25
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    space invaders...defender...super mario brothers...tomb raider...GTA...The Sims.....oh and don't forget tetris

6. Games   -   #26
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    metal gear solid definetly for me

7. Games   -   #27
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Grand Theft Auto 3... the whole idea of being able to go anywhere... to roam freely... it was amazing...

8. Games   -   #28
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    gta3 for the fact that the side missions alone could have each been accomplished games. so gta3 for being so damn big

9. Games   -   #29
    Sad to read lots of undeserved credit for GTA 3. I guess that's what hype can do.

Anyways the first 3d roaming game/driving/fighting game I've played is Batman and Robin for the PS. (The sad thing? Although the game sucks and suffered from lots of problems, the character details for Batman, Batgirl and Robin looked better than all of the GTA 3 main characters)

I'll give credit for GTA 1 for being the one that made free roaming and doing crimes a hit but seriously GTA doesn't deserve anything revolutionary other than being the bastard child of Batman and Robin, Driver, Crazy Taxi, Syphon Filter and GTA 1.

It might seem unfair, but GTA wasn't revolutionary because it didn't do something that was technologically difficult or unthinkable. All it needed was the right amount of technology to do it like all was needed for Halo to be great is to implement a regular pc fps with adequate control scheme for console and then release it at the time where a console is able to generate a great looking fps.

IMO revolutionary games are:

Most Sid Meier/Microprose games. Even to this day, Civ 1 and Civ 2 rivals one of the deepest games ever made.

Fallout series. This is a gimme.

Ogre Battle (first successful game to combine real time strategy with turn based rpg into the Snes for that matter. This is the type of game that would have been a pain to think of during the snes days)

Tenchu (first ninja game to portray a realistic ninja successfully and implement a more realistic stealth system than even MGS and this is for the PS)

NBA 2k series (first NBA console game series to actually implement sliders and franchise mode to a console NBA basketball game setting the standards for every basketball game to come.)

10. Games   -   #30
    twisterX's Avatar Poster
    gta series
    CS
    Mario
    Goldeneye

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast