vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc

explain
    13 year-old boy found reading dirty mag
    13 year-old boy found with loaded gun
    13 year-old boy found drinking Jack Daniels
    Go on

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Go on
    Look at the law and not political soundbites from the news.

Nuff said and moving on..................
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    Go on
    What Busyman is trying to say is that 2 of the three would require a firm telling off, the other one would cause the child to be praised and given a free day out to go buy more ammo for his dirty mag/loaded gun/Jack Daniels and go down to the dirty mag/gun/Jack Daniels range and get to fire his dirty mag/loaded gun/Jack Daniels.

In the UK every school i have seen or been to has been located in a housing area. We do not have gun stores anyway.

The two 1997 Firearms (Amendment) Acts resulted in the prohibition of the vast majority of handguns in Great Britain. As a result of the prohibition and the surrender exercise, more than 162,000 handguns were handed in to local police forces.
    Source

America needs that^^^

America gun facts
    In 2000, 75,685 people (27/100,000) suffered non-fatal firearm gunshot injuries. (SOURCE: Federal Bureau of Investigation. Uniform Crime Reports for the United States: Crime in the United States 2000: Uniform Crime Reports. Washington, D.C: U.S. Department of Justice; 2001.)
    In 1999, there were 28,874 gun-related deaths in the United States - over 80 deaths every day. (Source: Hoyert DL, Arias E, Smith BL, Murphy SL, Kochanek, KD. Deaths: Final Data for 1999. National Vital Statistics Reports. 2001;49 (8).)
    Last edited by Peerzy; 11-04-2005 at 11:41 PM.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    America needs more gun control and penalties with teeth for gun dealers, gun shows, and those with improper lock up of their weapons.

The Columbine kids were propbably able to get their parent's (or whoever's)guns rather easily.

The problem is you've one side suing gun makers which is fucking stupid or trying to outright ban them and other saying there is no problem.

No one is meeting in the middle for more rules about who gets to legally own a gun and so forth.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Go on

You have said nothing.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36

You have said nothing.
    Mmk.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    America needs more gun control and penalties with teeth for gun dealers, gun shows, and those with improper lock up of their weapons.

The Columbine kids were propbably able to get their parent's (or whoever's)guns rather easily.

The problem is you've one side suing gun makers which is fucking stupid or trying to outright ban them and other saying there is no problem.

No one is meeting in the middle for more rules about who gets to legally own a gun and so forth.
    So do you agree that America needs better gun laws?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    More gun laws wouldn’t solve anything. What needs to happen is better enforcement of the laws that are already in place that no one pays attention to. If no one pays attention to the laws that we already have in place what good would creating more laws do, nothing.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    Poster
    [QUOTE=Peerzy]

The two 1997 Firearms (Amendment) Acts resulted in the prohibition of the vast majority of handguns in Great Britain. As a result of the prohibition and the surrender exercise, more than 162,000 handguns were handed in to local police forces.

Peerzy, this post drew my attention. I was unaware that it has just been since 1997 that Great Britain passed these laws. I have always wondered.........in a situation such as this.....where guns were allowed, and a prohibition passed and guns surrendered........How do you ensure you are not just getting the guns from those who used them for non aggressful means? Would those that wanted their guns for crimes turn theirs in?

Do you know how your pre 1997 gun statistics compared with ours, per capita?

Vid.....I did not know they had 'flavored' ice at Sonic!! In the heat of summer I like a little tea in it to flavor it, but mostly I love it straight!!!

BigBank_Hank.....I keep looking at your picture of crawfish. Do you let people come to your parties and just drink beer and dance?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    lynx's Avatar .
    Rose, the 1997 Firearms (Amendment) Acts were brought in after the shootings in Hungerford in 1987 where 14 adults were killed by Michael Ryan, and in particular Dunblane in 1996 where 16 children and one teacher died at the hands of Thomas Hamilton.

Both men held weapons legally. However, both men were subsequently shown to be mentally unstable, and if laid down procedures had been properly followed neither would have been allowed by law to keep weapons.

The amendments to the Firearms Acts were a kneejerk reaction by the current government which has done absolutely nothing to prevent the criminal use of firearms, despite this being the main thrust of their proposed aims.

I should point out that both men would have been perfectly entitled to possess firearms in most states in the US.

Edit: prior to 1997 it was possible to possess certain firearms but was supposed to be strictly controlled by license, controlled and inspected by the local police authority. Where I live, these two people would certainly not have held weapons. A police officer who I know was just as rigorously examined as any other member of the public. Clearly, some districts were not as vigilant as they should have been.
    Last edited by lynx; 11-05-2005 at 02:53 AM.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast