Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm constantly on the look-out for the dirt on Conservatives...

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Of course.

I think it matters that no one will be convicted.
    Um...what?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #202
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Of course.

I think it matters that no one will be convicted.
    Um...what?
    Oh sorry.....convicted of the actual leak (not the perjury or false declarations).
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. The Drawing Room   -   #203
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    Do you at least accept that she was indeed covert?
    Fitzgerald didn't have sufficient evidence to charge Libby-there was no statement to the effect he "knew" Libby was aware but juuuuuuust couldn't scrape together the evidence to charge him.

What of that, then?

Do you feel sanguine inferring such on your own, absent anything from Mr. Fitzgerald?
    I haven't made any case for guilt as to libby knowing she was a covert agent, I even said he is on trial for perjery not "outing the agent" even though he did. I even pointed that fitzgerald has been hindered in his investigation. It is a very hard case to prove at the best of time but probably impossible when evidence is withheld or destroyed.
    It is very possible that libby (or rove) did not know her status but highly unlikely that cheney didn't.

A covert agent was outed, this is fact. But as you said it has to be proven they knew she was covert when they outed her. I have never denied this. The perjery charge has nothing to do with this.
    What does my "acceptance" of her covert status have to do with the price of eggs?

Are you going to endict me?
    you said this
    Originally Posted by j2k4
    What covert agent, BTW?
    implying you don't believe she was covert. It would be nice to know if you believe still. It has nothing to do with libby, cheney, rove or any other. It is a simple question and I can't think why you are avoiding answering it.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #204

Fitzgerald didn't have sufficient evidence to charge Libby-there was no statement to the effect he "knew" Libby was aware but juuuuuuust couldn't scrape together the evidence to charge him.

What of that, then?

Do you feel sanguine inferring such on your own, absent anything from Mr. Fitzgerald?
    I haven't made any case for guilt as to libby knowing she was a covert agent, I even said he is on trial for perjery not "outing the agent" even though he did. I even pointed that fitzgerald has been hindered in his investigation. It is a very hard case to prove at the best of time but probably impossible when evidence is withheld or destroyed.
    It is very possible that libby (or rove) did not know her status but highly unlikely that cheney didn't.

A covert agent was outed, this is fact. But as you said it has to be proven they knew she was covert when they outed her. I have never denied this. The perjery charge has nothing to do with this.
    What does my "acceptance" of her covert status have to do with the price of eggs?

Are you going to endict me?
    you said this
    Originally Posted by j2k4
    What covert agent, BTW?
    implying you don't believe she was covert. It would be nice to know if you believe still. It has nothing to do with libby, cheney, rove or any other. It is a simple question and I can't think why you are avoiding answering it.

I think she had a special covert/overt status.

If this is not true, she should have shot her husband for outing her, too.

Her status was not a secret to any who knew her, apparently...that this didn't bear on the Libby investigation is no doubt the reason for it's lack of inclusion in Fitzgerald's report.

You say that, although Libby is not charged with "outing" Plame, he is certainly guilty of it.

By what standard do you arrive at this conclusion?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #205

You say that, although Libby is not charged with "outing" Plame, he is certainly guilty of it.

By what standard do you arrive at this conclusion?
    He did out her, he told the press, this is public record and he admitted it. The big question is did he know her status ? and as this is hard to prove it is unlikely he will be charged with this.
    Subtle technicalities don't remove facts as you constantly remind us with Clintons aquittal

Her status was not a secret to any who knew her, apparently...
    Hmm something suggested and repeated in the conservative bloggsphere..must be true
    Last edited by vidcc; 02-16-2006 at 03:35 AM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #206
    He did out her, he told the press, this is public record and he admitted it. The big question is did he know her status ? and as this is hard to prove it is unlikely he will be charged with this.

He "admitted" outing her?

If he knew he was "outing" her (your words) he would, by default, have had to know her status...yet Fitzgerald did not charge him?

How does that work?

Subtle technicalities don't remove facts as you constantly remind us with Clintons aquittal

I have reminded you, but you've given no indication you're convinced.

Clinton was not acquitted.

The Senate did not support his impeachment, which does not change the fact of his guilt; it merely means he was not removed from office for the offense.

Don't play semantic games.

Her status was not a secret to any who knew her, apparently...
    Hmm something suggested and repeated in the conservative bloggsphere..must be true
    I saw/read/became extremely bored with the repetitive nature of the fact having been reported in the major/main (that is to say, LIBERAL) media.

You know what's really odd?

I don't read any blogs, conservative or otherwise...

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #207
    He "admitted" outing her?

If he knew he was "outing" her (your words) he would, by default, have had to know her status...yet Fitzgerald did not charge him?

How does that work?
    Splitting hairs again I see. OK..... he admitted he gave the press the information, he admitted he named her (ok another technicality he said he never used her name but instead said it was wilsons wife ) He admitted he told them she works for the CIA. as an agent. so in doing that an agent was "outed" deliberately or by accident and it seems disingenuous of you to make such a thin arguement on technicalities.

I have reminded you, but you've given no indication you're convinced.

Clinton was not acquitted.

The Senate did not support his impeachment, which does not change the fact of his guilt; it merely means he was not removed from office for the offense.

Don't play semantic games.
    Either way he was not convicted even though he admitted the falsehood. I am not playing games but it appears you are

I saw/read/became extremely bored with the repetitive nature of the fact having been reported in the major/main (that is to say, LIBERAL) media.

You know what's really odd?

I don't read any blogs, conservative or otherwise...
    But you regularly (not so much recently) post conservative bloggs.... hold on they are not bloggs when you read them...they are columns or articles

8. The Drawing Room   -   #208
    Splitting hairs again I see.
    Yes; it's allowed in judicial courts, though not in courts of public opinion, where views like yours are rampant.

Another example of the politics of reason vs. the politics of feeling.

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #209
    Yes; it's allowed in judicial courts, though not in courts of public opinion, where views like yours are rampant.
    And what would those views be ?

By that i take you mean your views are reasonable and dissenting views are emotional

10. The Drawing Room   -   #210
    And what would those views be ?

That even though Fitzgerald could find no basis for charging him with outing Plame, we should not shrink from concluding Libby is guilty.

By that i take you mean your views are reasonable and dissenting views are emotional
    Insofar as my views about examples such as the one above differ from yours?

YES.

-Mark Twain

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324 ... LastLast