Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm constantly on the look-out for the dirt on Conservatives...

Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    The fact remains that, although history does indeed record Clinton was impeached by Congress
    the objective relevance of impeachment is still open to debate, though. plenty of presidents have been directly responsible for fairly heinous unethical/illegal actions and never been impeached. in practice, the impeachment option boils down to whether or not congress wishes to take issue with the president's actions.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #62
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC
    The fact remains that, although history does indeed record Clinton was impeached by Congress
    the objective relevance of impeachment is still open to debate, though. plenty of presidents have been directly responsible for fairly heinous unethical/illegal actions and never been impeached. in practice, the impeachment option boils down to whether or not congress wishes to take issue with the president's actions.
    You wouldn't be referring to Nixon at all.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #63
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    It sure degraded Clinton in the eyes of many...or was it that we enjoyed the Clinton years and some people had to be "upheavalED" about something 'cause he's was a 2-term Democratic President?

1. He lied to Congress!!!!!

2. But what did he lie about?

1. Getting bj from someone other than his wife.

2. Well that's just crazy. You don't lie about stuff like that especially to the world. Now America will fall apart and stuff.

The fact remains that, although history does indeed record Clinton was impeached by Congress, that the Senate didn't follow through causes people like, oh, vid, to ignore the former, as though it never happened.

My only point.

That we will always disagree about Clinton and his activities is of no moment here.
    Technically, he was not impeached. Only THE HOUSE voted to impeach him. I read how impeached (by the House) and impeached (GTFO) are used the same way.

Laws and actions don't get passed by 1 side.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #64
    actually, no, not specifically. generically speaking, i guess he could be included, if someone were to make a case for it.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #65
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC
    He wasn't impeached either.

His crimes were particulary heinous in comparison to Clinton's....especially when considering the subject matter.

One was a simple witch hunt....in which Clinton got himself in trouble based on something totally unrelated to Paula Jones.

One was a clear abuse of power.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. The Drawing Room   -   #66
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    Oh so now My views are assumed.
    Yes-after mine come yours.

I though you knew that.

I have a distinct memory of you posting to the effect that because Clinton was not removed from office, he hadn't been impeached.

I can't be fussed to do a search for the exact post, so you don't have to hurry, you have plenty of time to do an edit.
    Your memory is very bad. It may be possible that someone said that, but it wasn't me. And any edited post gives a date and time of edit..

If you wish to make accusations back them up.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #67

Yes-after mine come yours.

I though you knew that.

I have a distinct memory of you posting to the effect that because Clinton was not removed from office, he hadn't been impeached.

I can't be fussed to do a search for the exact post, so you don't have to hurry, you have plenty of time to do an edit.
    Your memory is very bad. It may be possible that someone said that, but it wasn't me. And any edited post gives a date and time of edit..

If you wish to make accusations back them up.
    Either way he was not impeached.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. The Drawing Room   -   #68
    Oh I am happy to say he was impeached.... but the fact is he was aquitted.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #69
    How was he acquitted?

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. The Drawing Room   -   #70
    How was he acquitted?
    The prosecution needed a two-thirds majority to convict but failed to achieve even a bare majority. Rejecting the first charge of perjury, 45 Democrats and 10 Republicans voted “not guilty” and on the charge of obstruction of justice the Senate was split 50-50.

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast