Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm constantly on the look-out for the dirt on Conservatives...

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4

You wouldn't be referring to Nixon at all.
    He wasn't impeached either.
    I didn't say he was.

I would have thought that was clear by my lack of note.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #72
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    Either way he was not impeached.
    Oh I am happy to say he was impeached....
    Okay, you two.

Which is it to be?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #73
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    How was he acquitted?
    The prosecution needed a two-thirds majority to convict but failed to achieve even a bare majority. Rejecting the first charge of perjury, 45 Democrats and 10 Republicans voted “not guilty” and on the charge of obstruction of justice the Senate was split 50-50.
    Boy, you sure have your facts in order.

Been carting that tidbit around since you mis-posted, way back when?

I recall your putting things more-or-less as Busyman is doing now.

You must split that hair even more finely in order to continue your disagreement, I think.

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #74
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Boy, you sure have your facts in order.

Been carting that tidbit around since you mis-posted, way back when?

I recall your putting things more-or-less as Busyman is doing now.

You must split that hair even more finely in order to continue your disagreement, I think.

Again your memory is incorrect.....again I say back it up if you are going to accuse.

Busy is saying he was not impeached because the senate didn't convict, and I can see his point on this but it is dependent on the definition of "impeach".
    I am saying say he was impeached but found not guilty. I am not splitting any hairs on this. He went through the impeachment process and was acquitted. Get over it.

Anti clintons keep saying "clinton was impeached" but keep omitting the fact that he was found not guilty.
    On the latter Busy was also correct that it was a witch hunt. Let's be honest about that. When republicans ask how can anyone support clinton, "after all he was impeached", they should really ask how can anyone support clinton after we tried to impeach him but failed.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #75
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Oic.

Actually fuck it everyone's correct.

When people say, "Well Clinton was impeached." The answer should be, "So what!!"

Impeachment is a process...almost interchangable with indictment (spelling )....or for us lesser politically inclined folk, charged.

Clinton was impeached, Andrew Johnson was, and so was Nixon.

None were convicted. So fuck it. (Nixon did resign to avoid it)

vid you're correct. j2 you're correct. I wasn't.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. The Drawing Room   -   #76
    j2 you're correct. I wasn't.
    Thank you.

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #77
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    j2 you're correct. I wasn't.
    Thank you.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. The Drawing Room   -   #78
    Impeachment is a process...almost interchangable with indictment (spelling )....or for us lesser politically inclined folk, charged.
    partly right. the common definition of impeach: to accuse. the definition as concerns the U.S. president is: to complete the impeachment process and vote to approve the Articles Of Impeachment. some people might refer to the process leading up to the vote as impeachment, but it really isn't impeachment until they hold the vote and it succeeds.

as far as the Nixon case goes, he was not impeached. the House Of Representatives carried the hearings to the point that they drew up the Articles Of Impeachment that they needed to vote upon, at which point Nixon decided to dodge the impeachment by resigning. then Gerald Ford pardoned him, to eliminate the possibility of a criminal trial. the resignation and pardon each had a very distinct purpose -- one to block Congress and the other to block the courts.

Clinton and Jackson are the only two who have been impeached, as Congress did vote upon their Articles Of Impeachment and approved them, in both cases.
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 11-24-2005 at 02:25 AM.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #79
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC
    partly right. the common definition of impeach: to accuse. the definition as concerns the U.S. president is: to complete the impeachment process and vote to approve the Articles Of Impeachment. some people might refer to the process leading up to the vote as impeachment, but it really isn't impeachment until they hold the vote and it succeeds.

Clinton and Jackson are the only two who have been impeached, as Congress did vote upon their Articles Of Impeachment and approved them, in both cases.
    I think you meant Clinton and Johnson (Andrew), but, if you are willing to posit this as the definitive word on the matter, I'm with you.

Case closed.

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #80
    yes, my mistake. andrew johnson not andrew jackson.

Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast