Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Downloading And Computer Freezes- Tip

A couple of weeks ago I was downlaoding 24/7 as I am now, but a couple of weeks ago I could barely even touch my computer while it was downloading or else it froze up. I recenty got a 175 gig HD (western digital) which came with a free Ultra ATA controller which you will need for any harddrive that is over the 130 gig max for windows. I uninstalled k-lite and re-installed it on the new HD. All my downloads/uploads will now be on my new HD. Well let me tell you- I download about 200 kb/s total and I don't even realize I am downloading! My computers light for activity on the towers does not even light up-The 2nd ATA Controller must have done it- I just wanted to pass this information onto you guys- Good Luck

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Tormentor's Avatar Searching The People
    Is this a tip or what?
    - Unleash The Power Of The Wii, Unlock It Today!
    http://www.castabet.net

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    thats a problem and this is a tip section

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by StrongislanD@17 April 2003 - 19:23
    A couple of weeks ago I was downlaoding 24/7 as I am now, but a couple of weeks ago I could barely even touch my computer while it was downloading or else it froze up. I recenty got a 175 gig HD (western digital) which came with a free Ultra ATA controller which you will need for any harddrive that is over the 130 gig max for windows. I uninstalled k-lite and re-installed it on the new HD. All my downloads/uploads will now be on my new HD. Well let me tell you- I download about 200 kb/s total and I don't even realize I am downloading! My computers light for activity on the towers does not even light up-The 2nd ATA Controller must have done it- I just wanted to pass this information onto you guys- Good Luck
    Well is it a tip or isnt it.
    I dont understand

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    I guess this is a tip for people who have problems with lockups

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    It sound like a question and a tip

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    It is a tip, basically I have 3 HD's on my pc, one being a 175gb which i use only for Kazaa. When they installed the 175gb HD they added a 2nd ata controller- now I am not that smart wityh the computer(some fields i am) but when they installed the 175 gb HD with its own ata controller, it made my downloads a hell of alot faster( even though it is 7200 rpm, as my other HD's are) and the light that goes lights up on your pc tower Hardly lites up, inturn giving me more memory space to use when applying other applications. This is extremely helpful because I download at least 200 kb/s 24/7, which before would have inhibited my use of running any other applications on my pc. I do not know the logistics behind this but it works.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by StrongislanD@21 April 2003 - 17:06
    It is a tip
    why post it in development then?
    Overnet Lite 0.53

Free hosting for P2P clients - PM me

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    What??? This is the tip section!

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster
    cool